IGNORED

Merry XMas!

GroovyBee

This has been sat on my hard drive for a while but this year I decided to finish it off :-

xmas12.a78

xmas12.bin

CC2 users will need the following information :-

78POKEY 78BIOS

Many thanks to nonner242 for the graphics, PG for the music and sh3-rg for testing. The music is PG's version of this MOD.

The single binary works on both NTSC and PAL machines. Its fine on ProSystem 1.3e but the latest version (0.147) of MESS has a visual glitch. I haven't tried it on any other emulators so YMMV.

Merry Christmas!

EDIT: Now that most people have seen it I'll add a screenshot and a brief description.

post-21935-0-02282400-1356691958_thumb.png

There are six regions of parallax scrolling. The three at the bottom of the screen overlap and are drawn in two different colour depths as well. MARIA is very nearly maxed out in some of those bottom zones. The RMT music and graphics take just over 24K of ROM space.

• Like 19

• 10 months later...

Way late to the party, I re-organized my 7800 donors (well, all donors really) and found a couple of Ballblazer carts, one of them is now this demo and it rocks!

Where is Groovybee, anyway? :?

He's been on the Intellivsion message board on this site. His last post on the Atari 7800 board was in late April and left the Atari 7800 scene at this time.

Edited by 8th lutz

And we're happy about it. :) Bob is doing a great job taking care of 7800 homebrews. :)

Why would any of us be happy about such a talent leaving Atariland for George Plimptonland?

Come back, Groovy!

Besides, I thought he had left 7800ville to convert Star Raiders for the Atari ST over to the Jaguar...

And can we have some vids posted to YouTube of this? Thanks.

Edited by Lynxpro

• 2 weeks later...

This holiday bin from last year was a fine piece of work by Mark et al. Mark's back on the XM right now, so who's doing the XMas 2013 version?

Here's the text from last year which blessed us 7800ers & Jaguarers for a great year this year...it could easily be replaced with this year's commentary which could bless us with a great next year...it's all in ASCII and the new text just needs to be typed in...

rip $ECFB

.MERRY CHRISTMAS..AND A..HAPPY NEW YEAR..ATARIAGE..FROM..GROOVYBEE..NONNER242..PG.SEASONS GREETINGS TO NONNER242, ESPIRE8, PAC-MAN-RED, SH3-RG AND MIKER. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP CREATING XM GAME GRAPHICS AND MUSIC. A BIG THANKS TO CURT FOR HAVING THE XM VISION AND ALSO TO ALBERT FOR NOT BANNING THE LOT OF US TOO. A BIG HO, HO, HO TO SH3-RG, NONNER242 (THERES A PATTERN HERE) AND LINKOVITCH FOR JAGUAR GAME GRAPHICS AND SOUND ENGINES. NOT FORGETTING THE INVALUABLE HELP OF DRACISBACK, HAMMR25, JAYBIRD3RD, NONNER242, MIKER, ANDYM00, TMR, SH3-RG, CYRANOJ, OMF, SHAMUS, SAURON, REMOWILLIAMS, LINKOVITCH, GAZTEE AND SAMWISE FOR BETA TESTING. ALL THE BEST TO THE ORGANISERS OF THE HOMEBREW EVENTS AT THE LASS, AC2012, PLAY EXPO AND EJAGFEST. THEY WERE AN ABSOLUTE BLAST! GREETINGS TO ZEROSQUARE, LUCIFERSHALO, TMR, TEZZ, SNICKLIN, NUY, DR DO, BMX, THORSTEN, 108 STARS, MATTHIAS AND EVERYBODY ELSE THAT ATTENDED. ERM.... WELL... MAYBE NOT TMR'S GROUPIE. LOL! BEST WISHES TO EVERYBODY OVER AT REBOOT, FORMATWAR, ATARI-FORUM, STARDOT, JAGWARE, NEXGAM AND YARONET. HAPPY BACON DAY! TO REVOLUTIONIKA, CMART604, INTVNUT AND THE REST OF THE INTELLIVISION FORUM'S GUYS AND GIRLS. GOOD LUCK TO ANYBODY WORKING ON NEW GAMES AND HARDWARE PROJECTS. 2013 WILL BE A GOOD YEAR FOR BOTH THE 7800 AND THE JAGUAR. .ROLL ON 2013!.

end $F229

$F23F:$A9$FC

>>>AZURE>>>