IGNORED

small sdrive run any takers?

Atari-Jess

I calculated shipping to oregon, but I assume prices will be similar across the continental US

~$8 for small packet surface

~$10 for small packet air,

~$20 for expedited parcel

All these prices may vary, could be much cheaper for NY, MI, NJ, or much more for NV, TX, FL etc... You can calculate it yourself with any generic toronto postal code

Estimated service times here:

http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/productsservices/send/parcels.jsf

Assuming an 8"x8"x3" at about 1lb.

Please use this as a general guide, I might add a buck or two for the actual packaging material, but I'm not charging for my time to ship it.

I'm interested, but I don't know a lot about them. Will yours come with the SIO cable? Is there anything I would need other than an SD card, the SDDRIVE.ATR file, and my own ATR files? Sorry for the basic questions.

You'll need to provide your own SIO cable, however if someone wanted to ship one to me, I could slice in the sio cable directly. What the sdrive pcb is designed for is a DB15 connector...

What I usually do is shove wires in between the port there, and the sio cable and tape it together. I've done that with my old SIO2PC cable for years with no problems. You could even hot glue it together without worrying about permenant damage to the sio cable. I find this works just fine.

And yes, you'd only need to provide your SD card, sdrive .atr file and your user .atr files just as it is intended.

You'll need to provide your own SIO cable, however if someone wanted to ship one to me, I could slice in the sio cable directly. What the sdrive pcb is designed for is a DB15 connector...

What I usually do is shove wires in between the port there, and the sio cable and tape it together. I've done that with my old SIO2PC cable for years with no problems. You could even hot glue it together without worrying about permenant damage to the sio cable. I find this works just fine.

And yes, you'd only need to provide your SD card, sdrive .atr file and your user .atr files just as it is intended.

I'm going to pass. Sorry. The cost of shipping and an SIO cable is a little too much for me. Thanks.

Best price for shipping to the Netherlands would be somewhere about 15 Euro, maybe closer to 10 euro. I don't know if there is any tracking for that price.

Shipping International with tracking costs more (actually a lot more) than that. I usually ship without tracking but with insurance (and I just found out that I will be filing an insurance claim soon for one of my shipments ;-) ). Small Packets International Air which includes insurance up to $100 is about $10 to Europe and slightly more expensive to South America and other far away places.

Edited by atari8warez

Shipping International with tracking costs more (actually a lot more) than that. I usually ship without tracking but with insurance (and I just found out that I will be filing an insurance claim soon for one of my shipments ;-) ). Small Packets International Air which includes insurance up to $100 is about $10 to Europe and slightly more expensive to South America and other far away places.

I used the shipping calculator from Canada Post as an international shipment to the netherlands. I was admittedly suspicious of the price I received as well (the next price up jumps to about 40 euro) but the quote I got was the quote I got and I've yet to be surprised once I reach the counter... I'd be happy to see it be accurate (naturally) and I appreciate your experience in the matter :)

Ive bought my copperclad and some ferric today along with some parts for a test unit. The plan is to make several PCBs, manufacture one - test it to ensure it functions... then take orders for the rest of the PCBs from the etching. I plan on etching as many as possible and going from there.

I want to thank everyone who has shown interest thus far, and I look forward to providing you all with the demonstrative unit via video in the near future.

Anyone still looking to nab one, there is still plenty of time before I go out to buy the parts in bulk! I'll also give the final price, I hope to be as close to possible as my estimate :)

Edited by Atari-Jess
  • Like 1