IGNORED

Incognito Production Installation

Stephen

04-01-2013 looks right. DD/MM/YYYY ;)

Yes that part is true. I guess I did not make it clear LOL! (old is slow) To the Left of the Date is the Day. Mine says THR (Thursday)

And today is Friday, when I set it to 05-01-2013 it shows Fri . so does everyones show the same or do I have one that is different ?

post-23358-0-69738200-1357352170_thumb.jpg

Edited by bandit
  • Like 1

Yes that part is true. I guess I did not make it clear LOL! (old is slow) To the Left of the Date is the Day. Mine says THR (Thursday)

And today is Friday, when I set it to 05-01-2013 it shows Fri . so does everyones show the same or do I have one that is different ?

My U1MB does the same thing.

Sadly installation of the Incognito is starting to look beyond my abilities. Is there anyone out there offering to do installs for a small fee? I'd rather pay someone and get it done right than bumble my way through it and damage my system and the board.

Sadly installation of the Incognito is starting to look beyond my abilities. Is there anyone out there offering to do installs for a small fee? I'd rather pay someone and get it done right than bumble my way through it and damage my system and the board.

I agree! I was also too chicken to install Ultimate 1MB on XL or XE. I am hoping to find someone in the future.

I got my board today and started the install. Then I noticed the personality board (right name?) doesn't look anything like the one in the pictures. Mine has CO14360 (REV D) in the upper left corner. I don' know where to connect the yellow and green wires.

Without those installed when the system starts up I just get a green screen. I can' figure out what I did wrong.

Frank

Yes, pretty sure that reverse fitting will fry it.

You only need 4 connections, the yellow and green are not required at the moment I believe, unless you are running some pbi devices

Edited by mimo

Uh oh. I was going to ask if you did the two jumper connections on the motherboard, and then say make sure the Incognito and the CPU board are in the right way around...

I did the jumpers on the mother board... but I put the incognito board backwards the first time. The xilinx chip seems to still be alive though. maybe there is hope.

So far, I have tested 42 game carts Plus the Atarimax 1 and 8 mbit . and all worked fine.

The Atari light gun also works with the 3 games I have for that, barnyard,crossfire, bughunt.

I have not installed the resistors yet.

Boom! Installed and it works from the beginning. The hardest part for me was to connect the cables to the plugs (P1 to P6), I hate those small guys... ;)

Thank you so much Sebastian, this is just awesome. I am too tired to make more pictures, but find some in my Retro-Computer album on Facebook (you don´t need FB account to see it, it´s public):

Next step will be updating SDX and stuff I guess.

I noticed my cable seems to be backwards from the one in the install pictures. The red line is on the opposite side when it's connected to the P4 connector. So to make the red-line appear on the opposite side when connect to the Z101 I need to flip it?

there are ready wires with these connectors on ebay - just search for dupont connector

Too late. I just hate those small connectors, but install them anyway. ;)

But I really should buy some ready made cables to have more time for the really interesting thing. Thanks again.

I noticed my cable seems to be backwards from the one in the install pictures. The red line is on the opposite side when it's connected to the P4 connector. So to make the red-line appear on the opposite side when connect to the Z101 I need to flip it?

There is a small arrow on the casing where the red cable is. That has to be there, where a small "1" is printed on the board next to the socket. The cables delivered seem to be different than in the pictures here, I had the same trouble but it´s explained in the text too.