IGNORED

Incognito Production Installation

Stephen

1) Is the opening menu supposed to save the settings put in the menu the previous boot up? Does the battery help retain that?

2) Similiar question to #1, but about time. Do you set the time with the TIME and DATE commands in SpartaDos?

3) I understand there is a ATR loader in later revisions of the Incogneto. Also heard the board can be reflashed to have that option. Who can do the reflashing?

ANS: #! Yes with the 'S' option and the battery does control this.

ANS #2 Yes from SDX either manually or an App. like ASPECL TS from the ASPEQT PC program.

ANS #3 Yes the latest Incognito.jed should be flashed for this ... Don't know of anyone local to you for a flash.

1) With "S" it says it is saving, but doesn't.

2) New to SpartaDos, what are the steps for this ASPECL TS/ASPEQT PC Program?

3) What hardware is needed to flash upgrade the board? Where can the flash upgrade (that is loaded) be downloaded?

You should re-install the battery properly or check it for proper voltage..

command line driven if you have AspeQT as your SIO device on the PC... a program called ASPECL.COM comes with the download. TS if the parameter to TIME SET..

See the battery fingers for the plus side.. slide the battery under them and then push the battery into place in the holder..

post-10165-0-83238000-1387008955_thumb.jpg

post-10165-0-13849900-1387008970_thumb.jpg

post-10165-0-35480300-1387008982_thumb.jpg

AspeQT.atr

Edited by rdea6
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

..., start replacing pokey and pia chips in your 800

it is common failure for pokey to have serial line fryed and generating perfect sound nevertheless

my does work with 810 and 1050 i have

What is the number on the PIA chips where are they located? I might try to put some new PIA chips in my 800 setup.

You should re-install the battery properly or check it for proper voltage..

command line driven if you have AspeQT as your SIO device on the PC... a program called ASPECL.COM comes with the download. TS if the parameter to TIME SET..

See the battery fingers for the plus side.. slide the battery under them and then push the battery into place in the holder..

Good news, I think the clock battery is working now thanks to your instructions (and I have the PIA chip replaced which has the serial working much better).

Now the computer is coming straight up to SpartaDos when I power on. So how do I get to the Incogneto menu with this working properly? :P (With the clock battery not working right it used to come up to the Incogneto menu every time I powered up.)

Inverse Key + Reset

Bois Key presses not shown on Menu are 'C' for cold boot and 'L' for load Fat32 menu..

Arrow keys control the highlighted Bars left of right arrows for cycling through the options on all lines.. Up and down arrows for moving to next major option.. XL/XE OR Connie 800, Memory, OS, Side, Joysticks

Good news, I think the clock battery is working now thanks to your instructions (and I have the PIA chip replaced which has the serial working much better).

Now the computer is coming straight up to SpartaDos when I power on. So how do I get to the Incogneto menu with this working properly? :P (With the clock battery not working right it used to come up to the Incogneto menu every time I powered up.)

I know this was answered via IRC, but if anyone else is wondering, it's the Fuji key (hold down on powerup).

Late to the party as usual :_(

• 1 month later...

Worked great. The steps I followed:

Turn on machine and let it boot to SDX command prompt. Using APE I set up a mirrored PC folder with the XEX in it. Type COLD / N to force a reset with and cause the APE Loader to run. Select the XEX file and let it run. The screen will flash for a few seconds. When you get to the blue screen with white cursor in home position, power off the machine, unmount the folder, and power it back up.

I finally got an SIO2SD and was able to try this technique to update Incognitio.

I can attest that COLD /N was required to get the file to load cleanly (all other methods caused it to load to a grey screen)

Anyway, carts now work great - even Congo Bongo!

• 1 month later...

:?

Finally got around to installing this. It's been a bit of a nightmare.

Of course, my ribbon cable to the 74ls42 socket was a mirror image and I ended up with an upside down connection to the Incognito. The wires don't stay in the 6 pin Dupont connector. One wire broke at its solder joint twice. I fixed these problems and got a green screen. Then I went back and found that the jumper on the underside of the board was wired one solder joint over from where it should have been. I got the Dupont connectors all back together (again). Now I get absolutely nothing.

wait

you've used some alternative ribbon cable, or the one included with incognito?

if so, it could not be a mirror image, it could have cable wired in a way it would go to other side of 74ls42, but this is not an issue

if you redo that cable, or whatever - it could

The one that came with the Incognito. When I lay it out like in the pictures, the stripe is on the other side. Anyway, it was late, I got confused, and ended up backwards.

I'm hoping that my problem is just the Dupont connectors. I'm buying some pre-wired from ebay.

I am concerned that all the manipulation may have caused a problem with my power board. Are there any spots in particular I should check? There is switch continuity - I did check that.

• 11 months later...

I know it's an old thread but I have just installed my incognito today. It's one of the first batch.

Everything works fine except there is no BASIC whatever options I select.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I'll pull the JED off my board tomorrow if no-one else does so in the meantime. Guaranteed to be the latest one.

Unless you've received an update from Candle since Oct 4th 2013, "incognito_current-10-04-2013" was the last public release I found.

In any event, it will be interesting to see which update you have :)