IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2013

Pixelboy

Is DJPUBBA a member on atariage? Cause I found the standalone adam a a flea market, it has no printer, no keyboard, and no cables . So I would need a powersupply and cables. Who or where can I find the cable?

DJPUBBA was selling converted PC Power Supplies for $40 shipped IIRC... this was a while ago, but I think he still offers this service. As far as cables, the only thing you will need is a Commodore 1702 or 1802 5-Pin DIN Monitor Cable and I think the TI99/4A cable is compatible as well. The ADAM's DIN connector is actually a 7-PIN connector, but it's only wired up for 5, and provides Composite output as well as audio output. There is also a Composite Video Out ONLY connector on the ADAM, but then you still need the 5-Pin DIN Monitor Cable for sound. Besides this, all you need are controllers.

Actually, the first Composite Video Mod made for the ColecoVision by Eve Electronics in 1986 was copied from the Stand Alone Memory Console's ColecoVision PCB (called the Delta Board by Coleco).

ED: sorry about sidetracking the thread Pixelboy.

Edited by NIAD

DJPUBBA was selling converted PC Power Supplies for $40 shipped IIRC... this was a while ago, but I think he still offers this service. As far as cables, the only thing you will need is a Commodore 1702 or 1802 5-Pin DIN Monitor Cable and I think the TI99/4A cable is compatible as well. The ADAM's DIN connector is actually a 7-PIN connector, but it's only wired up for 5, and provides Composite output as well as audio output. There is also a Composite Video Out ONLY connector on the ADAM, but then you still need the 5-Pin DIN Monitor Cable for sound. Besides this, all you need are controllers.

Actually, the first Composite Video Mod made for the ColecoVision by Eve Electronics in 1986 was copied from the Stand Alone Memory Console's ColecoVision PCB (called the Delta Board by Coleco).

ED: sorry about sidetracking the thread Pixelboy.

Thanks! Niad and I`m still waiting for the Pixelboy games to arrive....

Come on!!! :D

But seriously, all you need is the Stand-Alone ADAM Memory Console with it's built-in ColecoVision and a converted PC Power Supply like the one DJPUBBA sells. You don't need the Printer, Keyboard and for that matter Data Drive. You would then have yourself a very reliable ColecoVision Game System that already has Composite Video Output, doesn't suffer from the blown Octal Buffer controller chip problem, doesn't suffer from the On/Off Power Switch issue and is only a little bigger than a ColecoVision with the brick of a Power Transformer.

You'd even have room under the Memory Console lid to store stuff. ;)

Shiver...Too many nightmares about the ADAM crashing just as I was finishing an English paper..no thanks!

Shiver...Too many nightmares about the ADAM crashing just as I was finishing an English paper..no thanks!

Doc, that was almost 100% due to you not having a memory expander installed in your ADAM. Had that when we first got an ADAM, my daughter had to do a paper for school. Got to about page 9 or 10 and odd figures and fish were swimming all over the screen; luckily a neighbor who got us into the ADAM knew what the problem was and we cut the paper into separate files. Later got a memory expander and that solved the problem.........................but it still had it's limits, I am sure.

Edited by adamcon

I recieved my order 2 days ago , but of course I am inside of canada, and have played all 4 non SGM games. Very Very surprising what the Colecovision could/can do. I really need to find out how you are cycling those colours vertically on the graphics. Is it limited to an 8x8 character sized box?

Looks great anyways.

I'm convinced that the Coleco could have competed against the NES successfully til they released a CV2. So I'm even more curious to see the SGM & games operating.

by the way, I have 1 fully operational colecovision ... and another that operates but will only run 32k cartridges. If I put in the Ultimate multicart or a megarom cart it will not run. Multicart gets the splash screen and then goes blank. It seems to have problems with the bank switching. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion .. other than blowing into the cartridge slot.

My Pixelboy shipment has left Canada! Woo hoo!

Edited by digress

I recieved my order 2 days ago and have played all 4 non SGM games. Very Very surprising what the Colecovision could/can do. I really need to find out how you are cycling those colours vertically on the graphics. Is it limited to an 8x8 character sized box?

What game are you referring to, exactly?

I just return from Post office with my four games.

Wow!, that is an impressive work : the design of packages and cartridges including instruction booklet is just great.

Very professional work indeed.

Bravo Luc!!!

I only tested Princess Quest and man, it is amazing (smooth scrolling and fun game)

• Like 1

and another that operates but will only run 32k cartridges. If I put in the Ultimate multicart or a megarom cart it will not run. Multicart gets the splash screen and then goes blank. It seems to have problems with the bank switching. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion .. other than blowing into the cartridge slot.

Interresting, i remember to have read in a forums few times ago , so other guys that had the same problem. They thought also it was a problem with the colecovision. But in fact may be not, may be a set of colecovision has a slightly different hardware.

It confort me in the fact to make only 32k games!! :-D

by the way, I have 1 fully operational colecovision ... and another that operates but will only run 32k cartridges. If I put in the Ultimate multicart or a megarom cart it will not run. Multicart gets the splash screen and then goes blank. It seems to have problems with the bank switching. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion .. other than blowing into the cartridge slot.

Why not to take detailed pictures of both mainboards? and open another thread to publish them, it could be a PCB variation or simply that there is some different slower chip in your non-working Colecovision.

Will do, i didn't mean to hikack the thread. Maybe I could start a new thread and I'll post the pictures of the 2 main boards. 1 fully working and the 1 partially working'

I would venture a guess that this issue you are having with the MegaCart games and the Ultimate SD cart not working properly on the other ColecoVision system is due to a power issue (either the power tansformer, the power connector on the CV, wiring, etc.)... especially since all standard carts up to 32K in size are working.

Another good test would be if you have a cartridge version of Lord of the Dungeon (either the CGE or CollectorVision release) seeing as it draws more power than regular games.

Good news, everyone! All pending packages have been shipped! Yay! :D

I gotta say, having to work on December 27th+28th and January 3rd+4th made a big difference in how fast I was able to process these orders. And it didn't help that, because of the SGM, I had roughly twice as many orders to process compared to previous years. Thanks a lot for your patience, everybody! I really worked as fast as I could. :)

By the way, I would like to mention that I currently have 9 pre-orders recorded for Gulkave (that game is now sold out), 21 pre-orders for Pitfall II Arcade, 16 pre-orders for Track & Field, 13 pre-orders for Destructor SCE, 17 pre-orders for Circus Charlie, 20 pre-orders for Star Force, 19 pre-orders for Golgo 13, 17 pre-orders for Ninja Princess, 17 pre-orders for Bank Panic and 17 pre-orders for Konami's Ping-Pong. I guess I'll be really busy in February! I should mention that if you're lurking here and are interested in any of these past releases, you have until January 31st 2013 to register your pre-order. After that date, these games will not be manufactured ever again.

• Like 5

By the way, I had an idea when the pre-order date finishes. You could sell the extra boxes.

I'm thinking that someone with a lot of extra space (I'm not that guy, unfortunately) could mount a kind of exhibitor in his basement with all these boxes neatly organized. You know, pyramids and some other shapes like in commercial centers.

By the way, I had an idea when the pre-order date finishes. You could sell the extra boxes.

I'm thinking that someone with a lot of extra space (I'm not that guy, unfortunately) could mount a kind of exhibitor in his basement with all these boxes neatly organized. You know, pyramids and some other shapes like in commercial centers.

a) You just earned 10 weirdo points for your idea. ;)

b) I'd rather keep my boxes for now, as I may need them later. For example, someone could contact me next year and request a new box to replace a box that's been chewed by his dog.

a) You just earned 10 weirdo points for your idea. ;)

b) I'd rather keep my boxes for now, as I may need them later. For example, someone could contact me next year and request a new box to replace a box that's been chewed by his dog.

Another idea:

Team Pixelboy Dog Toys!

(How many weirdo points does that get me??? :-D)