IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - January 1st 2013

Pixelboy

Gulkave is permanently sold out on my end, so if you want a copy, I suggest that you don't waste any time and get a copy from Good Deal Games.

As for Princess Quest, all 75 initial copies are either sold or pre-ordered, but I will make more copies ASAP. I ordered more silver casings from Moldex (the plastics company) and I don't know when they will deliver them to me (Moldex is the kind of company that makes promises and ends up not keeping them where customer service is concerned) so I can't say exactly when I will have more copies of that game to sell. I have 73 unglued Princess Quest boxes left, so that means after those 73 copies are sold, the game will be permanently sold out. Of those 73 extra copies, 23 are already spoken for.

Furthermore, I would like to use this opportunity to mention that all 100 initial copies of Quest for the Golden Chalice are now sold or pre-ordered. I plan to make 48 more copies of the game (because I only have 48 unglued boxes left) within a couple of months. After that, the game will be permanently sold out.

When you say permanent, do you mean that's literally it?...no more of this game in the future? Or will further runs be made available, with differences in the cart colour to keep the first run unique?

When you say permanent, do you mean that's literally it?...no more of this game in the future? Or will further runs be made available, with differences in the cart colour to keep the first run unique?

"Permanently" means permanently. The main reason for this is related to game boxes: When I place an order with the printer company (located in Germany) I have to order at least 150 boxes of no less than 6 games (so 900 boxes minimum). That's why I release at least 6 games per year.

So if we take Gulkave for example, I originally had 160 boxes printed for that game back in 2010, and with one unglued box sent as a gift sample to Doc4 as part of the template preparation deal, that leaves 159 boxes that can be used for actual games. I recently pre-sold the 159th copy of Gulkave, and in order to offer more copies, I would need to place another order of 150 boxes with the printer company. Of course, at this point there's no way I can justify printing 150 boxes just to cater for a few extra customers who want a copy of Gulkave. Since I insist on offering a box with each of my games, I prefer to label Gulkave as permanently sold out, to make it clear that no more copies will ever be offered.

• Like 1

I just received 5 games I ordered. :thumbsup:

Only problem is the fact that my coleco is still broken... I'll send it for repair end of January.

It's bad to have new games when you can't play them.

Maybe I should buy a second Colecovision... I'm thinking of it.

I've got 3 just for that reason - one is on it's way to get repaired so I still have a backup. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to get the 3rd one modded.

I would like to make a public statement to address an issue that keeps coming up with each person who places an order for my games:

I HAVE A POLICY OF NOT ACCEPTING PAYMENT UNTIL THE GAMES ARE ACTUALLY READY TO SHIP.

Just in case the above statement is not quite clear enough, let me make it even more simple for you:

DON'T BOTHER OFFERING TO PAY FOR YOUR ORDER IN ADVANCE. PAYMENT IS REQUIRED ONLY WHEN I ISSUE A FINAL INVOICE VIA E-MAIL.

Thank you.

• Like 2

I've got 3 just for that reason - one is on it's way to get repaired so I still have a backup. Hopefully in the future I'll be able to get the 3rd one modded.

Me too, I have a stock Coleco Vision and used it while I ordered a YourkieVision, Glad I did my power swicth is hurting bigtime on the stock Coleco.

Finally I've got my cartridges from Team Pixelboy.

I'm pretty happy with how Princess Quest looks. Simply amazing!

19117_215604581897956_1418378096_n.jpg

Besides I've got Quest for the Golden Chalice (the golden cartridge looks awesome!), Wonder Boy, Thexder (blue cartridge), Dragon's Lair (beautiful transparent red) and Super Zaxxon :D.

Now I'm waiting eagerly for my SGM :)

• Like 2

Besides I've got Quest for the Golden Chalice (the golden cartridge looks awesome!), Wonder Boy, Thexder (blue cartridge), Dragon's Lair (beautiful transparent red) and Super Zaxxon :D.

The Zaxxon Super Game cartridge is also transparent, but it's hardly noticeable. You have to hold it up to a light to see through it. :)

• Like 1

And of course, I could not wait to weekend to test my cartridges. :)

Everything is working just fine. I never had saw before Wonder Boy :), plays very well, Quest for the Golden Chalice looks a little like Zelda, very polished graphics.

I'll not say anything about my game :D (everyone knows by now its name!) I forget that SGM games needs the SGM, Thexder puts a little message saying it needs the SGM and Dragon's Lair shows its title screen and Zaxxon plays music! I was expecting them crashing or something, but not, everything very well done.