IGNORED

ColecoVision & ADAM Computer Collector's List v2.09

NIAD

Here is the latest update to my be-all, end-all (well, one of these days) list of what has been made for the ColecoVision both past and present. I was hoping to have the list completed with all the extra miscellaneous items and printed literature from over the years, but this process has taken me a lot longer than I had hoped and will have to wait for a future update. Suffice it to say that everything detailed in this list will also appear with pictures and descriptions possibly later this year on the www.colecoindustries.com website now that an incredibly busy year for CollectorVision has come to a close.

In v2.09, there are the usual addition, subtractions, corrections, etc. as well as all the latest Homebrew releases and updates on availability thru 12/31/12. When Ikrananka has the time required to update his conversions of the list to Excel and PDF format, they will be posted here as well. Also note that the ADAM Computer specific list that hasn't been updated in a while will be receiving some much needed attention as well.

I hope you enjoy this update and it helps everyone in their collecting efforts and as usual, if you see any erros or items missing... please post a message here so that I can correct things.

Happy New Year!

ColecoVision & ADAM Computer Collector Rarity List v2.09 (2013) (NIAD).rtf

• Like 6

Good catch there Youki... I guess I didn't know who you were when I entered that in. BTW, for anyone that has not played this free CV game, you don't know what you are missing!!!! ;)

http://www.atomicfe....ion/gt5/gt5.htm

FYI for mac users, the telecharger!!! link is not mac friendly. Right click on the link and select "save linked file as" tell it where you want it saved and remove the .txt extension. Probably a mime type issue.

• 1 month later...

haha-you paint a wonderful mental picture there jaymiester :rolling:

but seriously, as someone who takes great joy in finding well done faqs for the many systems I collect, you will have to point me to any faq that comes close to the detail and work in this one before I can agree to dial the praise down.

.../waits for more change in niads head size :grin:

• Like 1

haha-you paint a wonderful mental picture there jaymiester :rolling:

but seriously, as someone who takes great joy in finding well done faqs for the many systems I collect, you will have to point me to any faq that comes close to the detail and work in this one before I can agree to dial the praise down.

.../waits for more change in niads head size :grin:

Thanks for sticking up for me! That guy, Jaymiester to be more exact, has been a pain in my a$$ ever since he showed up here on AtariAge. ;-)

Concerning head size, if you look like that model next to the Computer Space game, well........ |:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Niad,

I was going thru my coleco stuff last weekend using your great faq as a checklist for my stuff and I came across a 1 piece box for frogger in my collection...but I did not see this in your list. So I was curious about this, and if maybe I had something unusual and an addition needed to be added to your faq?

Also I saw you had amazing bumpman as listed as having a box? I have never ever seen any box for it...do you have one or a pic of one or any knowledge of there being one? I know games like cosmic crisis and tank wars for telegames had the generic phototcopied inserts in the green clamshells, but I havent even seen those for amazing bumpman...and I dont think skiing either. I have seen pics of them released in the plastic baggies stapled with the telegames card on top...but thats it. Can you confirm they did have boxes, or better yet any pics? thanks so much-again great work on this :)

Stupus... good catch on the Frogger 1-Piece Box. I was only sure that a 2-Piece Box (lift top style) existed up until last week when I saw a 1-Piece Box show up for auction on eBay. Suffice it to say that I won the auction for this very rare (as far as I can tell) Frogger 1-Piece Box and it should be coming home in the next couple of days. I have to admit that I was very surprised that no one else bid on it and in the end very thankful as it saved me some $$$.

As far as the Rarity List, it's been previously added, but thanks for bringing this up and sharing any other pertinent information, additions, corrections, etc. that you may have.

As far as the TeleGames releases of Amazing Bumpman and Skiing, the plastic baggie with stapled cardboard top are the most common (to use that term loosely) means of packaging that you will find... loose is really the most common after all these years. However, TeleGames U.S.A. did provide these games in a green clamshell box with a generic grey insert sheet with the TeleGames logo and game name printed on the cover of the insert sheet. IIRC, this generic grey insert sheet also had two horizontal blue lines and the TeleGames logo with address on the back side of the insert sheet/box. This bit of information is completely from memory dating back some 25 years and I may be mixing up their ADAM Computer data packs releases with their cartridge releases seeing as we mostly purchased for resale the ADAM Data Pack and Disk versions.

I need to get in contact with some old ADAM Users Group friends to see if they have saved any of their collection in the hopes that a definitive answer can be procurred,

Actually you are probably right NIAD, I checked and my bumpman is in the bag and the skiing is in the clamshell for the ones I got.

Now the BIG question... drum roll please! Does the Skiing clamshell include an insert sheet and if it does, what does it look like? I would assume that there is no artwork on the insert sheet?

I re-obtained my Skiing cart as part of a large and loose collection of CV games. I then proceded to place it into a spare TeleGames clamshell that of course doesn't have an insert sheet.

BTW, what style of cart shell is your Skiing. The cart I own is the CBS Electronics cart shell.

It was a CBS cart mold and I am pretty sure there was instructions with it but I would have to look again.

I know, I know... I've used this one before, but it's CLASSIC, just like our ColecoVisions!

TeleGames did provide a generic looking instruction manual and I was fortunate to obtain one last year from chuys450.

Finally! I found a picture of the TeleGames green clamshell with the generic grey insert sheet! As can be seen by the text on the insert sheet, these examples are self-booting ADAM DDP versions of the ColecoVision games, although there could actually be cartridges contained in these examples.

post-25956-0-69330100-1363299217_thumb.jpg

NIAD;

Don't mean to hijack this...but a quick question. Is it, or was it possible to run ADAM software on a similar computer from the same era?

Can ADAM software be run on a Tandy, or MSX from that era, or was it meant to only be run on an ADAM because the OS was propietary?

SHORT ANSWER: No, you can't use ADAM software on any other computer.

LONG ANSWER: It depends on what O.S. the software program was compatible with. If you were using ADAM CP/M, then almost all of the programs you were using in ADAM CP/M could be transferred to another computer that was CP/M compatible and run with little to no modification. If you were using a program designed to work with the ADAM's E.O.S. (Elementary Operating System) such as ADAMCalc or Super Buck Rogers, then the answer is absolutely no.

Sorry for my delayed reply.

Thats interesting about the 2 versions of frogger not being known until recently, I am more than happy to provide any input I can find to better your list-no problem ;)

Thanks guys for the info on the ways the rare telegames games came packaged.

Colecodan, if you ever get a chance I would love to get a scan of the telegames skiing insert you have.

If anyone has pics or a scan of a possible insert for amazing bumpman too, I would love to see that also. These would be wonderful to help with my boxart project.

thanks again guys :D