IGNORED

SpartaDOS X 4.46 with Toolkit

trub

Hello,

SpartaDOS X 4.46 with Toolkit is now officially available for download on:

http://sdx.atari8.info

(or http://spartados.com and http://spartadosx.com).

List of changes is available here: http://sdx.atari8.in...46/whatsnew.txt

Since the manual will be updated to 4.46 a little bit later, please review the whatsnew.txt file carefully.

You may also like to visit SDX upgrade project on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/SpartadosX

Although still in the early stage, the page contains highlights of the new release and other announcements.

DLT team

• Like 4

Well, I am successfully reading CP/M disks! My Indus is connected to a different system, so I cannot try Trub's terminal using the RC_GR8 driver yet.

So far the only issue I have noticed with this latest version, is that EDDY will lock up if using CON 80. The CON.SYS driver can be loaded, but I have to issue a CON 40 first.

How are FAT12A.SYS, FAT12B.SYS, and FAT16.SYS used? Are there any parameters required?

What type(s) of media are supported?

Which interfaces/disk drives?

Can I still use flashjazzcat's MYIDE.SYS and APT with this release of SDX?

I tried the beta driver that's at least a year old. It seems to work but I was wondering if drivers and utilities have been updated for SDX 4.46.

BTW, I have an 8-mbit Atarimax flashcart with SDX 4.46 (image customized w/ SDXImageUser), an NTSC 800XL, 320K (compyshop) w/ battery, MyIDE kit (OS ver 4.2i), ATR8000 w/ two 360KB drives and two 1.2MB drives.

Regards and thanks for this update.

-SteveS

p.s. ED does not seem to get along with CON64.SYS. (This is the first time I've tried this driver). The window is tiny and there seems to be bitmapped graphics instead of text.

Edited by a8isa1

p.s. ED does not seem to get along with CON64.SYS. (This is the first time I've tried this driver). The window is tiny and there seems to be bitmapped graphics instead of text.

This is a known limitation - ED only works with the standard 40 col screen currently.

How are FAT12A.SYS, FAT12B.SYS, and FAT16.SYS used? Are there any parameters required?

No parameters.

What type(s) of media are supported?

Anything which is able to read/write 512-byte sectors.

Which interfaces/disk drives?

E.g. such serial drives as TOMS 720, or such parallel drives as Karin Maxi, or hard disk interfaces such as IDEa or IDE+.

Can I still use flashjazzcat's MYIDE.SYS and APT with this release of SDX?

I guess so:)

No parameters.

Anything which is able to read/write 512-byte sectors.

Thanks.

Apparently the ATR8000 can't :(

I was able to view a disk image by taking the 16 byte header from an ATR (2880 sectors, 512 bps) created with AspeQt and concatenating it with a floppy disk image (1.44MB) made with dd.

I thought I had been doing something wrong until I tried this but it works great!

-SteveS

Apparently the ATR8000 can't :(

The key feature necessary are PERCOM commands implemented. SDX needs the "READ PERCOM" command to fetch the sector size value before a disk access is made. When PERCOM is not supported, SDX assumes the drive can only do 128-byte sectors. This may be the case here.

Hi,

I try to copy some utilities from the CAR: device to a standard SDX partition. Reason is to keep the FDISK.COM from FJC´s SDX 4.45 package and update my SIDE to 4.46, which doesn´t contains FDISK.COM.

But I get an error "161 - too many files open" when I try this. In SDX 4.45 and 4.46.

Is it generelly not possible to copy COM-files or so from the CAR: device to a floppy oder harddrive partition?

Thanks, Jurgen

I am having a small problem with THE LAST WORD not printing with Aspeqt print function with SDX446. Also something with the COMEXE.SYS and X.COM features causing a crash after viewing RasterView files, and then loading Turbobasic or the last word 3.1b.

Works just fine here..... although to find that out i had to flash my U1MB to SDX 4.46.

After the flash few things started to go nuts and I was a bit worried. Turns out, I had to leave the 130XE OFF for a few minutes after the flash. Whew!!!..... Atari means excitement all the time.... :)

post-15627-0-31804900-1357496446_thumb.png