IGNORED

SpartaDOS X 4.46 with Toolkit

trub

Did you redo your zip file yet so it has the "custom CONFIG.SYS on C: with DEVICE FATFS and place the driver there too"?

Oops... no I didn't. I'll try and do that today... More useful, of course, will be an FDISK which allows the allocation of "external" FAT partitions inside the APT and doesn't go haywire when reading partition tables containing same. Really the whole partition editor needs a rewrite, which is a rather daunting prospect.

I'm loading SDX446 from the Fat32 partition on a CF card in a MyIDE-II with the latest MyBIOS and loader. The only "Atari-Side" partition I am aware of on the CF card is a MyDOS partition. When SDX loads MYIDE2.SYS, it complains of an "Invalid Partition Table". Is this because it is finding the MyDOS partition, but can't read it? SCX446 has no FDISK. Does this exist any where in a form I can use it?

I'm loading SDX446 from the Fat32 partition on a CF card in a MyIDE-II with the latest MyBIOS and loader. The only "Atari-Side" partition I am aware of on the CF card is a MyDOS partition. When SDX loads MYIDE2.SYS, it complains of an "Invalid Partition Table". Is this because it is finding the MyDOS partition, but can't read it? SCX446 has no FDISK. Does this exist any where in a form I can use it?

From what I can tell (I'm playing with the same setup) It's like it takes a while for it to read the partitions. If I wait about 30 seconds, suddenly all the drives come online and I can see the myDOS and any SDX partitions created.

Try this:

fdisk.zip

I have absolutely no idea how this will play with existing MYBIOS space on the disk (anything non-APT is outside my interest), so use at your own risk. :)

I don't know how it does it, but myBIOS uses some other partition table. You can actually have a card setup for both. They won't know about each other so you need to make sure you leave the used space blank on the other partition table.

I have a myBIOS partition with two drives, each 65535 in size. Then I load SDX from the FAT32 space, use FDISK and create SDX partitions. I create two inactive ones first (where I hope the myDOS ones are) and then add SDX ones after that.

I haven't been able to completely verify if this idea is going to work.

To work with APT and MyBIOS, you need to freshly Init your CF.

Select MANUAL, AUTO CHS-detection and on the question APT?, answer yes.

The next time you load MYIDE.SYS it will see the APT partition and use it for drives.

Still need the toolkit (FDISK for APT/SDX) to create drives/partitions etc.

Later,

Sijmen.

Falling in love with SpartaDos X. But not feeling the fact that everything in the toolkit is arc'ed. "So, then just unarc the stuff", right? I would if I could get "arc x *.arc" to work as it does on every other platform known to man. It doesn't. It unarc's the first arc file that meets the wildcard requirements. *.arc picks up only the first arc'ed file. d*.arc picks up only the first arc'ed file that starts with d. You get the idea. Is this just me not knowing how to do something in SDX or is the wildcard parser in this arc utility broken/badly designed?

Is there any way to get the SDX446 into the flash area of myide-ii so I don't need to load it from a fat32 partition?

SDX446 for MyIDE-][ runs from protected SRAM and need to be copied there then coldstarted.

FAT32-loader does this for you and sends the SRAM-bytes down to MyBIOS used to configure D8:SRAMDISK.

Beside this, yes it it possible to load SDX446 from flash, but you need a boot-loader that does the above.

I have one I can share, but it's for the 128k slim version.

Falling in love with SpartaDos X. But not feeling the fact that everything in the toolkit is arc'ed. "So, then just unarc the stuff", right? I would if I could get "arc x *.arc" to work as it does on every other platform known to man. It doesn't. It unarc's the first arc file that meets the wildcard requirements. *.arc picks up only the first arc'ed file. d*.arc picks up only the first arc'ed file that starts with d. You get the idea. Is this just me not knowing how to do something in SDX or is the wildcard parser in this arc utility broken/badly designed?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/201714-sdx-toolkit-unarced

This is the version supplied upto MyBIOS 4.8.04

After #4 it was removed and the ATARIMAX Fat32-loader took over.

Also the configurable D8:SRAMDSK was implemented.

Anyhow, this version does not set the values needed for D8: under the current MyBIOS.

Perhaps I can add this feature next Sunday....

If needed.....

But it's not user friendly.

You have to sign32crc the SDX-file, then add it as packed BIOS to the workbook.

(So every time you change the ROM-file with the SDX-manager)

The BOOT-SDX.XEX you can simply add.

Well, thats about it.

Succes,

Sijmen.

The challenge using MyIDE-II and getting a CF card to have both FAT32 and APT partitions AND a MYIDE2 device driver acceptable partition table turned out to be, essentially, a tool chain problem. But I finally got it to work, and here is how.

1. Connect a floppy drive (or floppy emulator) to the Atari;

2. Create a floppy (or floppy image) with FJC's FDISK.XEX;

3. Prep a CF card on the PC with a FAT32 partition. Don't worry about the size as you will destroy this partition shortly;

4. Prep an SDX ROM image on the PC, inserting MYIDE2.SYS;

5. Edit CONFIG.SYS on the SDX ROM to include line "DEVICE MYIDE2" right after line "DEVICE SIO". If you are using SIO2SD Turbo as a floppy emulator, you have to load SIO classic, "DEVICE SIO /C";

6. Copy the SDX ROM image to the FAT32 partition on the CF card. Make sure OSB.ROM is there as well;

7. Put the CF card back into the MyIDE-II and plug the cart into the Atari;

8. Boot the Atari and load the SDX ROM from the FAT32 partition;

9. See the MYIDE2 device load and complain about an "invalid partition table";

10. Load FDISK.XEX from the floppy;

11. Initialize the disk (yes, I know I am telling you to destroy the FAT32 partition);

12. Answer YES to CREATE A FAT32 PARTITION?;

13. Size your APT partition to a maximim of 32MB * 15 partitions (480MB);

14. Create disk in the APT partition (65535 sectos, drive C: should do);

15. Pull the CF card and put it back on the PC;

16. Put the SDX ROM back on the FAT32 partition;

17. Put the CF card back in the MyIDE-II;

18. Boot the Atari and load the SDX ROM from the FAT32 Partition;

19. See the MYIDE2 device load and recognize the storage and list the disks;

20. Run CAR:FORMAT

21. Set DISK # to whatever you assigned the APT disk to in FDISK

22. Set VOLUME to a name that works for you;

23. "Create Directory" (or something like that);

That's it. Exit the tool and navigate to your new APT hard disk.

Edited by pixelmischief

OK, here's what I get when I try the Ultimate SDX 4.46 flash ATR:

There is no flasher for the incognito yet... If you have an eprom burner that can flash the PLCC chip then use the Incognito Rombuilder and use that file to burn the PLCC. Or be happy with the existing rom.. and SDX445 version that is there..