IGNORED

SpartaDOS X 4.46 with Toolkit

trub

• 4 weeks later...

On the SDX website (URL in the first post of this thread), in the "Download" tab, there is an updated Toolkit ATR (the file is named toolkit_rev_b.atr).

The following packages got updated:

1) drivers>scrdrv>con.arc

2) drivers>scrdrv>rc_gr8.arc

3) drivers>scrdrv>svbxe102.arc

4) drivers>fatfs.arc

5) dsktools>clx19a.arc

6) dsktools>eddy201.arc

7) shells>sc091.arc

Enjoy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am obviously being pretty slow today!!! I cannot seem to find any old posts detailing 'signcrc32.exe'. Is there a help file for the using it any where? Just running it from the windows console produces nothing, nor does supplying it with the SDX446 MYIDEII rom file as the first argument. Any help would be appreciated.

After further experimentation I see that signcrc32 DOES do something to the sdx rom file. However the maxflash studio still will not accept the resulting modified rom as a packed bios file:

User Interface] Error loading file "SDX446_myideii.rom" for slot #6, Unable to identify file:

C:\Users\***\Downloads\signcrc32\SDX446_myideii.rom

Not a known or supported image.

Edited by morelenmir

I am obviously being pretty slow today!!! I cannot seem to find any old posts detailing 'signcrc32.exe'. Is there a help file for the using it any where? Just running it from the windows console produces nothing, nor does supplying it with the SDX446 MYIDEII rom file as the first argument. Any help would be appreciated.

After further experimentation I see that signcrc32 DOES do something to the sdx rom file. However the maxflash studio still will not accept the resulting modified rom as a packed bios file:

User Interface] Error loading file "SDX446_myideii.rom" for slot #6, Unable to identify file:

C:\Users\***\Downloads\signcrc32\SDX446_myideii.rom

Not a known or supported image.

Check Atarimax thread here: http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6967#p6967

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SDX Toolkit rev. C is now available on the SDX website (tab "Downloads").

The main thing updated are MAN-pages: man_cmd.arc contains manual pages for SDX 4.46 commands. Additionally man_driv.arc contains corresponding manuals for SDX 4.46 drivers.

I do not think that all these fit on CAR:, therefore it is probably better to store the contents of man_driv.arc on the hard drive and modify the $MANPATH variable accordingly, so that the MAN command could access them.

Other modified files are:

drivers>ramd816l.arc
drivers>scrdrv>rc_gr8.arc
dsktools>clx19b.arc
dsktools>eddy202.arc
shells>sc092.arc
utils>nvram.arc

The "Documentation" tab also contains updated manuals, with corrections made in few past days.

Edited by drac030
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I really like the svbxe / con 80 mode for the command processor.

Is there a way to automatically change to 40 column mode when loading exe files (using comexe) or "x" (the command) ?

I saw that Sparta Commander has such an option! -> Very nice!

greetings,

\twh

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered that there is indeed a lot more compatibility with games/demos/tools with the "X.COM /C" parameter. (clear $80-$FF, $400-$6FF and MEMLO-MEMTOP)

Is there any reason why this is not set to default?

It would be nice if X.COM would allow default settings/configuration... otherwise I have to remember what game/demo/tool needs the /C -parameter.

greetings,

twh

I just discovered that there is indeed a lot more compatibility with games/demos/tools with the "X.COM /C" parameter. (clear $80-$FF, $400-$6FF and MEMLO-MEMTOP)

Is there any reason why this is not set to default?

It would be nice if X.COM would allow default settings/configuration... otherwise I have to remember what game/demo/tool needs the /C -parameter.

The reasons why it is not the default, are these:

1) clearing the RAM takes time;

2) it is not necessary for correctly written programs (which are written so that they have all the variables which need it properly initialized), so there is no reason to add execution penalty for them;

3) sometimes it is undesired to preclear the memory, e.g. when you load a binary without execution, then run a debugger to inspect that binary;

It of course would be good to have this configurable, I'll add it to our todo list.

• 2 weeks later...

Konrad, I recently started using IDE Plus 2 with my 130XE (which also happens to have an U1MB board and a built-in SIO2PC). When i boot my 130XE with IDE Plus 2 enabled and with a CF card, SDX from the IDE Plus 2 boots (My CONFIG.SYS is not customized) and my D1: points to the CF card. I can access D1: with no problems (CF card only has 1 partition).

Other drives are mapped to SIO and accessed under AspeQt. (SIO speed set to Pokey Divisor 6 - 68K) When I load RWTEST from D2: it runs and goes through the test using D2: as the test drive (as expected), but the results are somewhat skewed as shown in the attached photo. The problem seems to be with the READ test as the WRITE results look normal. 39269 B/sek does not make sense with a virtual drive over SIO.

Is there something wrong that I am doing or is RWTEST is somehow confused?

Note: The READ results are even higher when the test is run on a 512 bytes/sector ATR, the problem does not occur with 1x, 2x or 3x SIO speeds. Also removing IDE Plus 2 does not make any difference, when booted from U1MB i get similar results.

post-15627-0-41020400-1377974891_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari8warez