IGNORED

M.U.L.E. for TI

hloberg

I'm getting this hilarious mental image of two drunks at a local pub arguing over the complexities of RPN math, now. Too weird. :grin:

I was actually going to post a line of odd looking Forth but I thought people might think I was already drunk.

Edited by JamesD

Here is all the graphics so far. These are three of the four main game screens and hardest. I used all the characters in XB for store and map. When I redo the graphics for C99 I'll have lots more characters and can expand the graphics.

The Wampus will be bitmap loaded in on demand.

Left is the bidding screen, which is real simple and will do later.

The opening screen I will do as one package. I may have the whole opening and setup menus as separate program which calls the main program.

Now move on to music and logic.

Here they are:

post-28093-0-91102800-1360856565_thumb.jpg

post-28093-0-98532700-1360856581_thumb.jpg

post-28093-0-24799700-1360856682_thumb.jpg

PS my project blog is: http://www.atariage.com/forums/blog/528-creating-mule-for-the-ti99/

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 2

Looking good! I've never been a huge fan of MULE (I didn't grow up with it as there is no Apple II port), it's nice to see stuff like this for the TI.

It was always a mystery to me why EA never ported a copy to the Apple II.The port from A800 to Apple II wasn't all that hard.

It was always a mystery to me why EA never ported a copy to the Apple II.The port from A800 to Apple II wasn't all that hard.

It does seem strange when you consider Archon came out at the same time and Archon was on both machines.

I'm guessing it was the decision of the authors.

It does seem strange when you consider Archon came out at the same time and Archon was on both machines.

I'm guessing it was the decision of the authors.

Maybe it was because the Apple can't easily support 4 players without some sort of special controller?

The C64 had two controller ports which is one more than the Apple II had. While it's true there was an internal 'paddle' port, I'm not sure how useful that was.

I guess that didn't want to have to mess with Apple II's 'you will need a Mocking board, joystick board etc... to run this game shtick.

After a second thought, maybe the Apple wouldn't have been such a close translation after all. :grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another idea for the map screen: Instead of outlining the plot, just color the ground the same as the player's color. I think that makes it much clearer who's plot it is.

post-218-0-24596700-1361571467_thumb.png

Agreed.

The only problem I foresee is possibly running out of characters. I'll check into it though.

• 8 months later...

Anymore progress on this?

Changed jobs to one that makes more money (yah!) but a lot less free time (boo), so yes, I'm still working on it but very slowly.

Right now testing XBASIC compiler to see if it will fill my needs for the game since now I really don't have the time to learn a new language.

The compiler looks like it will do, very fast and does everything... mostly.

• 5 years later...