IGNORED

Defender's radar: can anyone fix it?

highinfidelity

Just for the records: I also edited the ROM with the two first suggested amendments. The first made the radar flash only now and then, the second was perfect. Thank you for this great patch! I had in mind to upload the patched ROM but I see many things happened over the weekend and that it's no longer necessary.

That's great.

Is that correct what I guessed by other posts, that is that PAL Colecovision units run the games 1/6th slower than NTSC units? :?

So far it looks like every Coleco standard release just runs slower in PAL.

For homebrew releases PkK has commented that he checks the 50hz/60hz byte to change speed accordingly, I do same in my games, so music and gameplay are unchanged between PAL/NTSC.

I'm fairly positive that most, if not all 1980s Atari/Atarisoft/Coleco wares are considered public domain or abandonware. Just look at the "Systems" list here at Atariage.com, and you'll find nearly all ROMs made publicly available.

Cool, I didn't know that the ColecoVision is popular in Jemen! On the other hand it is sad that all the game authors died immediately after writing those games.

Philipp

P.S.: phattyboombatty, you forgot to update your location, it still reads as "San Diego, CA".

P.P.S.: In Jemen, works fall into the public domain 30 years after the death of the author. For most countries, works fall into the public domain 70 years after the death of the author, but there are some where it is 50 years (mostly in Africa and central Asia).

That's great.

So far it looks like every Coleco standard release just runs slower in PAL.

For homebrew releases PkK has commented that he checks the 50hz/60hz byte to change speed accordingly, I do same in my games, so music and gameplay are unchanged between PAL/NTSC.

Does that mean the PAL games are easier to play since it is slowed down? I wonder if that affects the HSC contests on who wins.

P.S.: phattyboombatty, you forgot to update your location, it still reads as "San Diego, CA".

Hmmm.. yeah. That's where I live. Did you assume that I do not?

P.P.S.: In Jemen, works fall into the public domain 30 years after the death of the author. For most countries, works fall into the public domain 70 years after the death of the author, but there are some where it is 50 years (mostly in Africa and central Asia).

If I'm not mistaken, there are other reasons why mediated works fall into the Public Domain, such as 1) the closure and abandonment of the company or corporation and all its works, 2) the consent of the authors, and 3) the work is unclaimed.

• 5 years later...