IGNORED

It does exist! - Victory for CV

coleconut

Congrats on this GREAT pickup! It cost a pretty penny for everything, but you should be able to recoup a good amount of your $$$ by selling off the other unneeded CIBs... as I'm sure you know all too well. There was a lot of value in this particular auction, but unfortunately I had everything already and only monitored it to see what the winning bid would end up being... well, I thought I had everything! :(

Turns out that you did even better than everyone originally thought seeing as you also got the VERY RARE label variation of Victory ("Coleco Vision Presents" with no mention that the game requires the Roller Controller) that goes with the box.

I've never seen another variation of the manual, so I would assume that one doesn't exist... especially seeing that the instructions would have to detail the use of the Roller Controller seeing that the box and cart label do not.

Question: Has anyone done a comparison to find out if the earlier label of "Colecovision Presents" Victory is the same build as the CBS Victory (with additional Quarks/Scouts/Whathaveyou)?

Also, I'm seeing two distinct Cartridge Instructions for Victory. Guide No. 78135 (which I have) has the Roller Controller on the lower left, and Guide No. 14338 has the Roller Controller higher up on the lower right, front page. It would appear from Coleconut's photo, that 14338 was packaged with the "Colecovision Presents' variety.

Question: Has anyone done a comparison to find out if the earlier label of "Colecovision Presents" Victory is the same build as the CBS Victory (with additional Quarks/Scouts/Whathaveyou)?

Also, I'm seeing two distinct Cartridge Instructions for Victory. Guide No. 78135 (which I have) has the Roller Controller on the lower left, and Guide No. 14338 has the Roller Controller higher up on the lower right, front page. It would appear from Coleconut's photo, that 14338 was packaged with the "Colecovision Presents' variety.

I made a dump a while ago of both U.S. Victory carts (For CV & ADAM and CV Presents labels) and received the same CRC for each dump... so at least mine are the same. Took it a step further and play tested this to verify.

Both of my Victory manuals are #14338.... is your Victory manual perhaps the Canadian version with both English and French text? It's really odd that the # would change so drastically seeing that other game manuals that had revisions made to them only added a letter like "A", "B" or "C" to the end of the number. I think the only game where the Guide # changed so drastically after revision was Super Action Baseball... it went from 78...... to 14...... or vice versa.

I made a dump a while ago of both U.S. Victory carts (For CV & ADAM and CV Presents labels) and received the same CRC for each dump... so at least mine are the same. Took it a step further and play tested this to verify.

Both of my Victory manuals are #14338.... is your Victory manual perhaps the Canadian version with both English and French text? It's really odd that the # would change so drastically seeing that other game manuals that had revisions made to them only added a letter like "A", "B" or "C" to the end of the number. I think the only game where the Guide # changed so drastically after revision was Super Action Baseball... it went from 78...... to 14...... or vice versa.

It would be interesting if one of the programmers could look at a CBS Victory and a NTSC Victory and see if maybe the NTSC version was commented out or something. I find it weird that they actually have extra stuff in the CBS version when we have not seen other games make changes between the versions.

Or maybe some comment in the CBS version from a programmer that says I am adding this code because.

Doing a search on eBay, one can find both manuals with their distinct Guide Numbers. My 78135 has no indication that it would be Canadian. I've seen distinct number sets on ColecoVision manuals through and through. Has anyone attempted to decipher their manual numbering scheme?

The most information that I have seen made available on Variations (including manuals) is on www.colecovisionzone.com in the Variations section. I'm also trying to work all this info and my own findings into the Collectors List that I maintain and then pictures will be made available on the www.colecoindustries.com website when that large endeavor is complete.

• 3 years later...

I also wonder if any Mexican and Puerto Rican DK carts were marketed that way. . .

~Ben

How do you keep re-discovering all these old, cool threads? It's funny to see you post to them as though they were still current. Were you searching for something specific or just happen to come across them? Not complaining. Just curious.

• Like 1

How do you keep re-discovering all these old, cool threads? It's funny to see you post to them as though they were still current. Were you searching for something specific or just happen to come across them? Not complaining. Just curious.

Yes, old threads sometimes are sources of discovering new facts about something I already know. . .

~Ben