IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.16 ~ Burgertime

Vocelli

Ugh! This game makes me long for my old Intellivision Burgertime days. That game was great fun. This game is barely functional. I want the condiment to follow me onto the bun and then drop when I drop the bun. But the bun disappears and is not even there before it falls.

I'll improve this score, but this might be a good week to play some Dragster and Centipede. :ponder:

post-26187-0-33462100-1357602172_thumb.jpg

ok, i guess i am one of the few the week who likes the game. I admit it's not the best version, but when I got the game I played it a couple times and I thought it was fun. I'm looking forward to getting after it tonight!

my roommate let me use her phone to take a pic of my spider-man score, just to share it so you all didn't think I'm full of crap! I hope I'm not out of line to post it here:

post-34560-0-89119000-1357605772_thumb.jpg

she seemed a little annoyed with me, she doesn't like video games!

so I'm currently looking into another option for my pics for this week

Ok I figured out about "dropping" nasties for points, that helps alot! now I can use a drop in the dead-end spots, as well as a pepper shake to get out of there.

another tip: you can step further onto the last bit of burger before it drops, if you're coming from the left. so if the burger piece is under a ladder and a breadstick is coming down the ladder, you can get over out of its way before dropping the bun. that way you can drop the breadstick with it, along with whatever other nasties may be coming onto it.

50,900 - Level 6

post-34560-0-94357800-1357723322_thumb.jpg

That was my first time getting past Level 4. I've made about 8 more attempts, the best of which was a little over 37,000.

One thing i've noticed: once those nasties get fast, it's actually easier to drop and squish lots of them for lots of points. However, it's harder to conserve pepper and once I run out of that I start hearing lots of the death sound.

Sometimes I go to drop a nasty on a bun and the bun drops but not the nasty! so I have to pepper, quick! not sure why that happens, or if it is just a glitch in the programming.

For my food, I'm gonna take a carrot from DIG DUG! And I would like to eat that carrot adventurously, so why not in a veggie rice curry at the Bawarchi Chidlom Indian restaurant in Bangkok Thailand:

post-34560-0-79296700-1357724112_thumb.jpg

BURGERTIME - 66,450 / Stage 07

post-24681-0-61088800-1357775065_thumb.png

WOO HOOOO! WOO HOOOO! I reached my ultimate target score of 66,000 points!!

Since TG is out, you can try to beat retocade's records: http://www.retrocademagazine.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=390

Unfortunately you can't post there playing in emulators but still it's a good reference.

Every time I can beat the top score in retrocademagazine I post my pic there too.

That's one reason I'm not using emulators that much.

@oyamafamily,

I remember you told me you always use emulators and keyboard and that you feel comfortable with the keyboard.

But why don't you try playing in a real Atari console? You can use the common joystick but also a genesis (Mega Drive) which I think is more close to the keyboard.

I think you should try it. Personally, I enjoy much more playing with the console. And, yes, you'll probably need to buy the harmony cart too.