IGNORED

Lantronix UDS1100 and Atari 850

oldschool84

bfsk2+ I've just connected to your ip/port address and i chose number 1 for asci graphics and when trying to get a permanent password etc.. I am doubling with my letters/numbers?

How do i stop this?

echo is not enable in channel 1 settings?

I have heard of others having this problem with the lantronix... I don't have one so I don't know the solution. Try ATE0

Well, before changing the settings on the Lantronix, check the duplex/echo settings in the terminal software.... Remember back in the day, some BBS's needed it, some didn't. Especially since it worked fine on the ST BBS and not on the 8-bit BBS (if I'm reading this right).

Once the Lantronix is working with one BBS, messing with it to get it to work with another should be the LAST resort only after exhausting all your options with the term program settings.

Hi Everyone who have replied to my next problem the doubling of the letters/numbers! I've tried changing the duplex to half and it still does it?

The doubling problem is with bf2k+ ip/port bbs. On Darkforce i am not doubling thats ok but the problem with Darkforce is all the bbs site is jumbled letters and numbers ? I have tried changing baud rate to a slower 2400 and it still does this?

I think i remember using my atari 130xe with Ice-Term and with the ape cable using the telnet software in the ape program and i got fantastic graphics on Darkforce so i might dig the 130xe out and load up Ice-Term and see if that does it because Bobterm only has Ascii/Atari/vt520/vt52e and i've tried them all on Darkforce bbs and everything is letters and numbers and no graphics?

The problem with the doubling is with bf2k+ bbs site? not Darkforce!

On bf2k+ bbs site its perfect at the connection screen and i choose number 1 for Ascii but i get double letters or numbers when typing?

DarkLord your absolutely correct about how i have been typing in the ip/port it makes no difference if i type 08 o 080 I am connecting first time :) and the lantronix is working very good! So god knows what has happened to get this working as i was always getting No Carrier? but i have default settings in channel 1 and the connect mode definately needs to be D6!

I'm so chuffed the lantronix is working but i'm also glad i have a uds-1100 on its way :)

When things go right and all is working your wanting to dig out different computers to rig up and get on bbs sites :)

I want to try the atari ste and i did a google search and taz came up as a very good term program so i will try that but i also want to try the amiga 500 with Jrcomm and Ncomm as i have used these with the amiga connected up to the winxp laptop via null modem but on the amiga i found that was strange with bbs sites not so colourful and i had to use textline feeds to be able to read everything properly.

I really need to find out what cottonwoodbbs.dyndns.org/23 quad numbered ip address i have message the sysop to ask for it so will use cgterm to connect and see if hes got back as i love that bbs site on the c64 its like Darkforce on the atari both are brilliant with nice colourful graphics :)

DarkLord thank you for the offer of sending the lantronix to you to see if it was faulty i thought that was a really nice offer :)

On bf2k+ bbs site its perfect at the connection screen and i choose number 1 for Ascii but i get double letters or numbers when typing?

Try calling in ATASCII.

Use Ctrl-M in place of <CR> for sending modem cmds.

When you say the numbers and letters are "jumbled" on DarkForce, do you mean

the whole page is that way, or are all the letters and numbers stacked up on one

another onscreen?

If its the whole screen, you probably have a translation problem.

If they are stacked up in one place, its an "EOL" problem, as in

end of line setting...

As suggested in another post, you should call in, using plain

text (ASCII) only, before trying other graphic modes.

Note that DarkForce does have a connect script in place that

reads if your terminal/comms program is set for ANSI and auto

runs in that mode. Otherwise, it offers a menu that lets you

pick. If you're getting to the menu, pick text (ASCII).

HTHs.

my final update!!!!! Lantronix uds-10 is working fantastic on atari xe/850 interface and on the c64 connected to turbo232/lantronix uds-10 :)

Just received a lantronix uds-1100 and it worked first time no problem with connections!! So god knows what was going on with the lantronix uds-10 but all is well now so going to get the atari ste and amiga 500 connected up :)))

• Like 2