IGNORED

ELEKTRONITE'S Minehunter still available.

Rev

"Don't forget that Minehunter was on sale before. Not everyone wants to buy the game a second time."

Yes, there were 150 Intelligentvision copies of Minehunter made, and I don't expect people who own it to purchase the game a second time. However, I have more customers on my list than 150, so I can't see all of them owning the original release.

"Don't forget that Minehunter was on sale before. Not everyone wants to buy the game a second time."

Yes, there were 150 Intelligentvision copies of Minehunter made, and I don't expect people who own it to purchase the game a second time. However, I have more customers on my list than 150, so I can't see all of them owning the original release.

I'm guessing that not every game attracts customers as D2K did. This is perfectly understandable.

dZ.

Yep, Ebay is the marketplace nearly everybody knows, make some noise there. But I also have to agree to DZ Jay, its a very simple game and for me (I am sure its not only me) the replay value is low. Its not bad, but its in fact just the game everyone has already for free on his Computer.

But dont worry, I am pretty sure games like Hover Bovver and Defender of the Crown will get much more love by the customers.

Yep, Ebay is the marketplace nearly everybody knows, make some noise there. But I also have to agree to DZ Jay, its a very simple game and for me (I am sure its not only me) the replay value is low. Its not bad, but its in fact just the game everyone has already for free on his Computer.

But dont worry, I am pretty sure games like Hover Bovver and Defender of the Crown will get much more love by the customers.

Sure people have other versions of the game but they do not have the Intellivision version and that is the difference!

When the bombs blow up there is very "intellivisiony" sound that is unique.....Love it!

Edited by Utopia

Sure people have other versions of the game but they do not have the Intellivision version and that is the difference!

When the bombs blow up there is very "intellivisiony" sound that is unique.....Love it!

So your favorite part is when you lose! :grin:

I guess that's fine for the OCD collectors that must have every variant of everything for the Intellivision, but some of us buy games to play them. I may be in the minority in this particular forum, but I personally do not get a copy of every single game released just "because."

To what is William comparing the sales of Minehunter, to D2K? I can't imagine there being such a large base to sample from, when his business just started recently.

Perhaps Minehunter sets the actual baseline of a general release of a game that is not related to a franchise that has been famous for 30 years.

I doubt it, though. Perhaps it's just not that popular a game and others will do much better.

I'm sure William will soon find out the size of his actual market once he releases the rest of his roster for 2013. Some of those games are highly anticipated.

dZ.

I am not comparing sales of D2K to sales of Minehunter. I am comparing Minehunter to itself.....it has to be able to pay its way in printing costs, and it hasn't. I am sure that it will eventually sell enough to break even though. Mind you, D2K Arcade has done exceptionally well.

I agree though with DZ, that we will see the true market with games like Match 5, Hover Bovver, Paddle Party, Defender of the Crown and Boulder Dash.

Minehunter will have to keep plugging away :-)

Probably using it as Ebay fodder is a good plan to find people who don't know about Elektronite.

I guess that's fine for the OCD collectors that must have every variant of everything for the Intellivision, but some of us buy games to play them. I may be in the minority in this particular forum, but I personally do not get a copy of every single game released just "because."

To what is William comparing the sales of Minehunter, to D2K? I can't imagine there being such a large base to sample from, when his business just started recently.

Perhaps Minehunter sets the actual baseline of a general release of a game that is not related to a franchise that has been famous for 30 years.

I doubt it, though. Perhaps it's just not that popular a game and others will do much better.

I'm sure William will soon find out the size of his actual market once he releases the rest of his roster for 2013. Some of those games are highly anticipated.

dZ.

I would think that D2K is definitely towards the high bar of the customer base. If fans don't buy the best Donkey Kong version out there, what game will they buy?

I also think that Minehunter is probably LOWER than the baseline. It is a reissue (150 already sold), is not an action game and is, as mentioned, available on every computer in the world. I buy most games, and even I was on the fence about buying it or not. It's a nice game, but must admit that the replayability is low for me.

If I had to guess ... Match 5, since not an action game, will likely sell better than Minehunter, but stay towards the lower baseline. Hover Bovver, Paddle Party in the middle and Defender of the Crown will reach D2Kish levels.

I agree though with DZ, that we will see the true market with games like Match 5, Hover Bovver, Paddle Party, Defender of the Crown and Boulder Dash.

Details :)?

But to tell the truth, I could imagine that the extrem high number of new releases is also a reason for low sales. Just take a look to the games which are still comming this year, its pretty much and expensive, so may some people just cant affort all the titles, even is they want to.