IGNORED

Atari Lynx Hint Book

solidcorp

I was looking for the woman who worked with John Skruch when I worked for Atari and I found THIS!

I hope this is not a repeat post, but this is AWESOME!

http://www.digitpress.com/library/books/book_atari_lynx_hint_book.pdf

I always loved the Zarlor Mercenary "Game of Life" egg and the Chips Challenge Mandelbrot generator.

Notes:

The RoadBlasters egg is wrong - you have to be holding a button when you drive into the tree.

Toki eggs were unknown to Sunnyvale apparently (hehehehe).

• Like 2

Thanks for sharing this! In the early Epyx times I signed up as a developer because it was claimed to be a 16-bit system. When I got the docs and found out the truth I decided to skip games and went into medical electronics instead. This is the first time I read about the background of why it was introduced as a 16 bit system.

A very interesting piece of history. Thanks again for sharing it.

--

Kind regards,

Karri

Good stuff, thanks for posting. :)

@Karri

Wow, you were also a developer back in the day? I always presumed you were too young to have been a coder back in the day. In hindsight, do you regret your choice not doing games? Why did you eventually start with the Lynx as a hobby even though you were disappointed of it not being 16-bit?

Good stuff, thanks for posting. :)

@Karri

Wow, you were also a developer back in the day? I always presumed you were too young to have been a coder back in the day. In hindsight, do you regret your choice not doing games? Why did you eventually start with the Lynx as a hobby even though you were disappointed of it not being 16-bit?

I already had my Amiga and lots of hardware. They were gaining dust for years until my oldest son one day asked what they were for. So I checked that the Lynx still worked and then kicked up the development system and got interested again.

Actually my great idea was to use the Lynx LCD and 16-bit math for a GPS cart. I actually created the cart based on a Transputer chip but the math support was so buggy so I ditched the project and went to develop MRI technology instead. And as MRI later became a mainstream diagnostic tool I am glad that I spent all the years to develop that technology instead of making games.

Being a full-time game developer would just have ruined a good hobby. But at least I had a chance to meet some legends like the Lynx guru R,J. MIcal here in Finland and the Transputer guru David May in San Francisco.

• Like 1