IGNORED

My new addiction... Beamrider

nesrulz

I love this game. This is definitely one of my favorite 2600 games. Many years ago, unable to find a physical copy of the game, I made one: http://www.atariage....ttach_id=124352

And I still hope one day to run across it. You'd think eventually it would turn up, but it's been a tough one to find. In any event, it's an awesome game, and I really recommend that everyone play it. I know I've spent many, many hours playing it. And, you know, if you run across an extra copy, let me know ;)

-Ian

I love Beamrider; it's one of the games I've made a point of getting for every system.

But I have one problem:

There's too many enemies that can only be shot with the missiles. Only 2 targets (and the spare ships) can be shot with the ring blaster. It make the later levels nigh-impossible.

• 1 year later...

I'm really starting to like this game as well. I haven't played the 2600 version, and I didn't even know it existed, to be honest. I'm been playing the ColecoVision version, mostly, but it has that bug that sometimes crashes the game when you complete a level. I also have it for the 5200 and Intellivision and am wondering if one version is superior to the other.

It seems as though the 2600 version would be even more fun to play if there were a hack that let you play with the paddle or driving controller.

EDIT: Forgot that you need two buttons for this game, so paddle is out.