IGNORED

Burger Time Glitch

sega_SHARK

Not sure what you mean by score reset?

If you mean the game froze there is a known bug that once your score gets too high, if you finish a board by dropping a bad guy more than 1 level to end a screen then the game freezes.

It is a known bug and nobody has ever fixed it.

I think there was another bug but I don't remember what it was.

• 1 year later...

sorry for the late bump, but i'll be part of the Colecovisions podcast reviewing Burgertime. Yes there is a repeatable bug in the released cart version of Colecovision Burgertime. It manifests later in the game, not usually before you'd have the equivalent of at least ~150k points (unsure if it could be merely board based, i've never tried to get there with a minimum score), and i've only ever came across the bug when as said before, dropping at least 1 baddie where the bun reaches the bottom, more likely with more baddies starting from the last row. The game doesn't freeze as much as glitch out and end, so unless you're recording video you won't see the final score. It happens right at the moment when the piece lands and (i'm surmising) it's in part of the scoring routine, and definitely looks like a memory overflow error that just knocks the game out of the game loop into la-la ROM land.

gavv

• Like 1

sorry for the late bump, but i'll be part of the Colecovisions podcast reviewing Burgertime. Yes there is a repeatable bug in the released cart version of Colecovision Burgertime. It manifests later in the game, not usually before you'd have the equivalent of at least ~150k points (unsure if it could be merely board based, i've never tried to get there with a minimum score), and i've only ever came across the bug when as said before, dropping at least 1 baddie where the bun reaches the bottom, more likely with more baddies starting from the last row. The game doesn't freeze as much as glitch out and end, so unless you're recording video you won't see the final score. It happens right at the moment when the piece lands and (i'm surmising) it's in part of the scoring routine, and definitely looks like a memory overflow error that just knocks the game out of the game loop into la-la ROM land.

gavv

I hate when a game ends up in la-la ROM land. :)

I've played Burgertime several times up to 500,000 points and I never found a bug. There could exist ROM variations?

The only known variation is the Mattel prototype that has been available for years... but you would k ow you are playing it right away due to the title screen.
  • Like 1

I've played Burgertime several times up to 500,000 points and I never found a bug. There could exist ROM variations?

It's fairly specific in that i've only seen it on a multidrop to end a level. It's avoidable (though sometimes you almost can't avoid dropping some on the last piece), as my high score is 1.26M (and even that game ended when i lost concentration and glitched out)

gavv

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...