IGNORED

Postage Costs in the US on the rise from January 27

Utopia

I thought this worthy of a new topic-

As reported by IntellivisionDude in the "Looking for American to join Defender of the Crown Project post #162." (sorry but I don't know how to link the post here) US postage is set to rise.

It made me think about how many times a auction slips away or is just too expensive because of the postage component?

Being in Australia I am always wary of postage costs and try to buy my American games in quantities greater than one but it is the "must have" buys from private sellers that sometimes hurt with a common practice from some Ebayers being that they sell goods at a very reasonable price and than hit me over the fence with a outrageous International postage charge that is often high just to add profit to the sale.

Postage charges will never stop me buying what I really want but they do sometimes hurt.

Edited by Utopia

I have a bunch of friends in the US, and I send stuff to them and then drive down and pick it up. Usually when its video games, I just toss them in a box in the trunk, and say I got them at a flea market for 10/20/50 bucks, or I stay there for a few days and just bring them across normally.

Mind you, That usually costs waaaaaaaaaaaay more than just shipping it to Canada, but, I enjoy seeing my friends in NY, MI and OR (that one costs a hella pretty penny :P)

Postage went up on Monday to $10.35 for a package to the USA......cheaper ground service was discontinued......they no longer insure the package.

Postage went up to $18.20 from $17.76 for Europe......no longer insured......

Things just keep getting better and better in this country!

None of these prices include a box....we have to spring for the box and shipping materials.....so, although some people think I am overcharging $12 is actually under my cost because of exchange and credit card charges.