IGNORED

Cheap Space Harrier Effect [Demo]

Gemintronic

This is a demonstration of a Cheap Space Harrier effect. It uses pfscroll commands to blend the colors horizontally. It actually takes advantage of the lame scrolling jitter when moving pfpixels vertically to further blend the colors. No balls or missiles were harmed in creating this effect as "kernel_options pfcolors pfheights background" leaves them intact.

shair.bas

post-13304-0-15600600-1358350804_thumb.jpg

shair.bas.bin

• Like 1

Yeah. The bB way to make the lines happen would be to constantly switch between a static set of pfheights and playfields. Either that or a static set of pfheights and constantly blanking and then drawing a row of playfield pixels for the lines.

That's why I was hoping the built-in pfscroll up command would work. But, it shakes as it moves up :(

• 3 weeks later...

awesome !!!

Thanks, my friend!

The next evolution of this technique is to pre-render the space harrier background as static playfields in the multi-sprite kernel. Instead of move playfield pixels around I'd just switch playfields. With the amount of stuff on-screen the multi-sprite kernel is the only way space harrier could be done.