IGNORED

Where Did You Get Your First Atari 2600 and What Type Was it?

TheAtarianGuy

• 3 weeks later...

My sisters friend's mom gave theirs with no games in like 98/99.

Bought a box of 20 games from the neighbor for $3.

Ended up selling for $65 couple of years later(was told it was worth more because it had the Atari power adaptericon_confused.gif ).

But wished I hadn't, because its always harder to replace something you already had.icon_woozy.gif

My original was an Atari 4 switch (wood) the was bough new, as I recall it was just before the huge price drop.. Can't recall for sure what games I had back then.. I'm thinking Defender, Asteroids and a couple others.. I still have the owners manual for, bit the console was sold many years ago.

I now have a light 6 switch and a 2600 Jr that I added a AV out to it, and I have about 70 games now. And just bought Snoopy vs the Red Barron last week :)

Edited by Atari-Collector
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered my first Atari VCS in 1978. Took forever to arrive. I was out in the neighborhood hanging with some friends and my mom actually drove around to find me to let me know it had arrived. Me and about 8 of my friends loaded up in the old Chrysler and headed to the house. Excitement was running HIGH! Got home and carefully unpacked the Atari. Hooked it up. Put in the Combat cartridge. Turned it on........NOTHING. NOTHING BUT STATIC. Checked all connections. Still nothing. Must have worked with it for 2 hrs trying to get it going. In the end, repacked and sent it back. Went to Sears and got the TELE-GAMES version. All was right with the world.