IGNORED

Video Game Critic is now reviewing Fairchild Channel F games

Atari2008

I love these "critics", I should start my own web page. :roll:

Why not? you should, then others who think your opinion sucks could start their own also, and so on and so on.

In the end it is all just personal opinion which is subjective. I look at them just to get basic info and an over view not to live by their opinion.

At least if he doesn't give a game much of a try it is usually obvious from the review, but goddamn I wish he was more consistent. Reviewing two Mythicon games that are damn near identical, he gave Sorceror a C- and Firefly an F. Sometimes it is obvious he is trying to just get through another review and get it posted. I do keep going back because I like the layout of the site and the bite-sized reviews are enough to give me a flavor of the game.

One nice thing about the VGC is that even though I don't always agree with him, he wears his biases on his sleeve so it's easy to "triangulate". Sometimes a negative review from him makes me decide to get a game, which is actually a sign that his reviews are quite useful: it's easy to be a cheerleader, but not as easy to pan a game while offering a clear picture of it.

Of course if you take it too seriously, you can get up in arms about some of the grades (D- for Gain Ground?!), but why would you want to do that anyway?

Anyway, I'm pleased that he's doing Channel F games, and seems open-minded about them. Perhaps that'll bring the console to wider attention. I'd love to see him take on the Studio II; that set of grades would look like Bart Simpson's report card. :D

• Like 2