IGNORED

Doom 2 homebrew?

doomwaves

• 1 year later...

Hi guys! I've been slowly reviewing all the threads I've missed recently to catch up on everything that's been going on since I was away -there's been a lot. Since Doom is one of the best games on the jag, and a personal favorite, I was just wondering if the AC2011 version of jagdoom 2 might be available anywhere for download??, I have the v98 one but wanted to try the AC2011 one so I could play the three levels not in vers. 98. Thanks for any leads that anyone might be able to share.

• 3 years later...

I found one for $35, for a cart. its worth it at that price for sure, also its very hard on Nightmare, much more than the psx version which only has ultra-violence and can easily be run through, try that on a Jag and you will get youre ass handed to you. Look around for someone who makes repro carts, I'm sure they can make you one cheap- or buy a skunk board, but thats going to cost ya. good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Trust me it's out there in plenty of places, the only difference between them are a few levels and the 'entry' level. I did do a version of the rom that had all the maps on it, I just compressed them with lzz, that's on a hard drive in the shed with loads of other levels I was working on.

Trust me it's out there in plenty of places, the only difference between them are a few levels and the 'entry' level. I did do a version of the rom that had all the maps on it, I just compressed them with lzz, that's on a hard drive in the shed with loads of other levels I was working on.

and this shed is located where................................ :-D

• Like 1

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

If someone could define the problem in a way that everyone understands, and then tell us what the solution actually is, I'd be happy.

It's a 20 year old game on a 25 year old console. Piracy is way more prolific on just about any other console ever made, any other platform sees more piracy in one day than the Jaguar platform has seen in 25 years.

If anything, the jaguar suffers from a market that isn't free. Which only benefits the so very hated ebay-scalpers and a few others. While I love my jaguar, and like many others want to support homebrews by buying them when they are available, I simply fail to understand the hatred of some in the scene to provide cheaper alternatives to those not interested in "collecting" or on a budget, or provide some stuff at all.

As per usual I'll get flamed for this, but I'm used to it by now. So flame on, it's not like I am a regular here anyway, for obvious reasons.

If someone could define the problem in a way that everyone understands, and then tell us what the solution actually is, I'd be happy.

It's a 20 year old game on a 25 year old console. Piracy is way more prolific on just about any other console ever made, any other platform sees more piracy in one day than the Jaguar platform has seen in 25 years.

If anything, the jaguar suffers from a market that isn't free. Which only benefits the so very hated ebay-scalpers and a few others. While I love my jaguar, and like many others want to support homebrews by buying them when they are available, I simply fail to understand the hatred of some in the scene to provide cheaper alternatives to those not interested in "collecting" or on a budget, or provide some stuff at all.

As per usual I'll get flamed for this, but I'm used to it by now. So flame on, it's not like I am a regular here anyway, for obvious reasons.

I guess what I find really tragic by this, is the fact that the scene treats people using emulators better than the ones using real hardware, and that copyright infringement apparantly is OK as long as it goes through the right people, and the jaguar "prototype" market is the worst cesspool of them all.

Anyway, enjoy your weekend. I know I will.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to say for those that made the Doom 2 hacks, they are a blast. :D Not exactly Doom 2 as they say, but more Doom with Doom 2ish levels so there you go.

A month later I am still playing Doom 2. I can get to the level past the crusher. Currently trying to find the secrets on the levels to get all up to 100% on kills, items, and secrets.

Can anyone enlighten me on how to find the secret on the first e-JagFest level?

• Like 1

So assuming it's like the original Jag DOOM and when you die, you start over with the pistol with no way to load progress other than level reached. This makes those later levels brutal compared to loading your exact save on PC or typing in your long PW on PS1.

That said... I still need to test this out :)

The engine has its limitations, but as I've said all along it was just a hack to get different map data on there. Only one person has tried converting maps and putting them into the doom wad, and his map packs are really good, and that is Saturn.

• Like 4

Thanks, I've converted 72 maps so far and have the process down to a series of steps. Playing these custom levels on real hardware is absolutely incredible.

I've even addressed the 'start on a level with no weapons' problem.. :cool:

• Like 4