IGNORED

Doom 2 homebrew?

doomwaves

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I've converted 72 maps so far and have the process down to a series of steps. Playing these custom levels on real hardware is absolutely incredible.

I've even addressed the 'start on a level with no weapons' problem.. :cool:

Wait what? When did this happen? Edited by walter_J64bit

Been working on them since December 2016. Spent most of today at work modifying existing maps to reduce lag.

About to do the big hack and see how much better they turned out.

This first set is a 3 rom trilogy with a total of 36 levels :cool:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I know nobody likes a necro bump but I found this thread today after seeing Doom 2 Jaguar on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-doom-2-atari-jaguar-game-game-/393372792651?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=709-127639-2357-0

I thought I'd post it since I love all things Doom and figured others might be interested.

Screenshot_20210818-124554_eBay.jpg

Edited by Zap1982
Pic
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Zap1982 said:

I know nobody likes a necro bump but I found this thread today after seeing Doom 2 Jaguar on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-doom-2-atari-jaguar-game-game-/393372792651?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=709-127639-2357-0

I thought I'd post it since I love all things Doom and figured others might be interested.

Screenshot_20210818-124554_eBay.jpg

Dope but expensive :0

Screenshot_20210818-161152_Chrome.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Jesus, even pirate cart prices are going insane on the Jag. 

I've seen some people (rightly) fume when they have made a game and then Pirates have creamed lots of cash off it. It's the ones that look so legitimate and get you questioning "is this actually fake, are you sure this isn't just very rare?" that can frustrate a collector.

2 minutes ago, JaggingUK said:

Doesn't mean it will sell at that price, I can list Chequered Flag and ask for £200, doesn't mean I'll get it... I've got one and was worried about listing it for £100 which was marginally more than it cost me a few years ago

Don't underestimate the power of stupidity. Some dumbass with far more dollars than sense will come along and happily cough up the dough, which is exactly why these pirate cart scammers are listing them at such high prices.

• Like 3

Doom 2 on cart was never a proper release but for me as a lover of Doom I just wanted to play the Doom 2 levels on the Jaguar and I loved it, it was a great addition to my boxed cartridge collection but no way would I have paid that for it - I knew I was buying a pirate game but it was just the same price as buying a Telegames title except for one big advantage - the box and label looked far far better and anyone who has bought a Telegames title will know 100% what I mean by that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JaggingUK said:

Doom 2 on cart was never a proper release but for me as a lover of Doom I just wanted to play the Doom 2 levels on the Jaguar and I loved it, it was a great addition to my boxed cartridge collection but no way would I have paid that for it - I knew I was buying a pirate game but it was just the same price as buying a Telegames title except for one big advantage - the box and label looked far far better and anyone who has bought a Telegames title will know 100% what I mean by that.

I do wonder what this cart actually contains, is it just a few Doom 2 levels thrown in or an entire game? We don't really know what it is and at that price I am happy not to find out.

There was a guy, I think he was called BlackSquirrel or something that ported Doom 2 to Sega 32X and that looked good but have never found a ROM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Don't underestimate the power of stupidity. Some dumbass with far more dollars than sense will come along and happily cough up the dough, which is exactly why these pirate cart scammers are listing them at such high prices.

It can go the opposite way too, rare these days but it's sweet to grab something really rare for single digits from someone who clearly had no idea what they were letting go. Ah.. them were the pre smartphone days..