IGNORED

TI-99 on Wii?

unhuman

Finally got around to trying to put a TI emulator on my Wii.

I got DOSBox installed plus an old version of MESS. It prompts me through everything (loading ROMs, type OK to say I have stuff) and I get to the main Home Computer page and it says:

0 Cartridge:

0 Floppydisk:

Press any key to Begin

And... I press a key and it hangs....

Anyone else ever played around with this? I should try to see if I can find any other old emulators to play with as well.

-H

Thx for the files. It was the playsound variable -sbdma.

That made it work. Sound is a bit wonky, but it's there....

Now I gotta figure out how to get all my cartridges in there (and get some of my games that I wrote into .DSK) and tune the keyboard but... Pretty awesome.

It'll be interesting to see if the Wii is powerful enough for this.

Edit the modules.inf for your carts. here is a short one i'm working with.

types cart banks are grom,rom,banked. be sure to just put the name and not the c,d,g extension for the file name.

you can use most of the old MESS carts or unpack a new mess .rpk and (usually) just get the carts out of that. (just change .rpk to .zip to unpack) I use TIDIR to take the files out of DOD and put them in FIAD.

hope that helps.

EDASSM.zip

Edited by hloberg

I use the old V9t9 on my DOSBOX emulator in my android pad and it works fine. It's fast and runs mostly everything I have tried.

Yeah it works great on my Nexus 7. Even did some TI FORTH programming on it using a small bluetooth keyboard. Very handy on a long airplane ride and tiny try tables :)

Edited by Vorticon

Yeah, I'm on that now... On to the world of setting it up. It's mad about sound right now.

Sound Blaster DMA driver DRV\CT-VOICE.DRV not found.

See SOUND.TXT for more info.

just found this. CT-VOICE.ziphere is the ct-voice.drv file. it will enable sbdma to work so you can have +sbdma and not get a error. put in v9t9\drv folder for it to find it.

• 6 years later...

Check out the retro arcade at funny playing. I put on some dingoo emulators like C-64 and the TI-99. You run the dge. file to get it started. It really reminds me of the MSX. I play burgertime and the beta version. One is blue and one is black. Great game, check it out!!!!