IGNORED

supercart v. ed assm

hloberg

I bought one of the Super Space II cartriges from one of the eBay Sellers... word of warning. I noticed the "sealed" package he offered didn't seem to have a cartridge in it, so I messaged him about it. He was surprised to learn that the product was actually a cartridge, so he told me he'd send me one with the cartridge that he had, rather than just the disks.

Adamantyr

I thought that was the case when I saw it, actually. Kind-of feel bad that I pointed people to the sales. At least he is going to make good. I have now bought from both of the Iowa sellers and they are both great people.

So, uh, you got disks and no cartridge, I got a cartridge with no disk...

So, uh, you got disks and no cartridge, I got a cartridge with no disk...

I've always had a suspicion that some of these Ebay seller's had their own sealing machines. It's easy to claim ignorance if they can say, "Well gee, it was sealed, how was I to know?"

Now THIS ONE looks legit to me, it's just too freaking bad I don't have the room for it!

I haven't received mine yet, but he said he'd make sure to send the cartridge. I'm not too concerned about the disks, although the manual is a must... I notice we don't have a lot of scanned information online about how the SuperSpace II cartridge works...

Adamantyr

Good point about the manual. Based upon what I had read in the Yahoo archives, it seems to be a standard build based upon the original super-cart design. I assumed those instructions would be relevant.

If anyone is interested in a program for their Super Cart, there is a copy of 4A / Command DOS on Ebay at the moment with what looks to be a real copy of the original manual.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FTI99-Command-DOS-by-Monty-Schmidt-and-Ryte-Data-%2F321217713411%3Fpt%3DLH_DefaultDomain_0%26hash%3Ditem4aca115503

What exactly does Command DOS do?

I got my Super Space II cart a few days ago sans disk, but I found the disk at WHT, so I may get a chance to test a few things out. Still need a manual, though. There are a number of jumpers on the board I would like to understand (though I am certain it was not meant to be opened except to change the battery, which happens to be a CR2032 in a holder rather than permanently attached like the Mini Memory.)

Interesting. Looks pretty useful. I personally would find more use for it if I could create and extract archives. Chris Smeets wrote a shell called "CS-DOS" for the Commodore 64 (and I think 128) that provided advanced disk and file manipulation features as well as being able to handle ARC and SDA (self-extracting archive) files. Being able to execute programs is nice as well.

hrmmmm I still imagine GEOS on the TI.

BTW, the more I look at it, the more I really dig your custom label. Do you have a template file you would be willing to distribute?

I

BTW, the more I look at it, the more I really dig your custom label. Do you have a template file you would be willing to distribute?

http://atariage.com/forums/gallery/image/9256-8k-supercart-print-ready-labels/

If the above does not work, try the download link below. :)

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/25cf54dc7ed8d2799cc38cdc05d5708420130930000104/1137bf7a79149c1d18a6c49a289d42ce20130930000104/ecd50e

Edited by Kevan

I received my Super Space II cartridge! It comes with three disks: Macro-Assembler, C99, and a collection of utilities for Super Space II including a ROM to disk utility.

The bank-switching method is CRU-based, the following assembly code will swap banks, with the bank desired (0-3) in R0:

BANKSW LI   R12,>0800
       LI   R1,2
       SLA  R0,1
       SLA  R1,0
       LDCR R1,0
       SRL  R0,1
       RT

Adamantyr

If anyone is into "Home Brew" and wants to make an 8K Super Cart or a 32K Super Cart of their own, or just what's to learn about them, these two Do-It-Yourself links have the best detailed instructions I''ve seen yet.

1) http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/supercart/supercart.html <------------ 8K Cartridge

2) http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/supercart/supercart_4bank.html <-- 4X8 or 32K Cartridge

I will probably not hold onto the single cartridge, though selling it I am likely to see a loss.

You may be surprised at how fast, or for how much it will go for!

Awhile back there were multiple people asking about getting a Super Cart. I'm not sure all of the demand was met.

Heck, if you are going to have an Editor Assembler Cartridge, it might as well be a Super Space/Super Cart.

In case anyone is interested, there is a REAL Super Space cartridge in what looks to be excellent shape on Ebay right now.

Yup. Another deal from the same Iowa guy. This one is the original 8k model. Though, IIRC, both the 8k and 32k were released within a short time of each other.

I also wonder if this is the True Value the guys found all this TI goodness.

post-27864-0-95298800-1380678284_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

post-27864-0-95298800-1380678284_thumb.j

Nice little flyer, it made me smile. Maybe as a group we could come up with something like this to put up to advertise this little corner of the Atari Age site? I know there has to be other TI'ers that have not been active in years. All it would take is something to get them to CLICK and come here.

Once they see this place, Tursi's emulator, all the goodies like the F18A, NanoPEB, and all the news software, they'll be addicted again. :grin:

In case anyone wants copies of the original disks.... I'm attaching the Super Space II disk images and hi-res scans of the originals.

I haven't had a chance to scan in the manual yet, but once I have, I'll add it the post.

There were three disks included. All were "flippies".

---

Attached in zip file:

Disk 1 Side A: Super Space II

Disk 1 Side B: Editor

Disk 2 Side A: Macro Assembler (Diskette 1)

Disk 2 Side B: Macro Assembler (Diskette 2)

Disk 3 Side A: C99 Compiler (Diskette I)

Disk 3 Side B: C99 Compiler (Diskette II)

And photos of the original disks.

----

If anyone here was able to score the NOS of the Super Space II package on eBay, I'd love to get better scans of the diskettes. :)

Cheers!

-Dano

Super Space II.zip

I would almost guarantee that this is the Hardware store that all of this stuff is coming out of--and it explains a lot. Especially as it is in the right town--Waterloo, IA. Dhein's was one of the largest TI dealers out there--not as big as Triton, Tenex, Unisource, or Tex-Comp, but there probably wasn't anyone between them size-wise. Joy Electronics, the original Competition Computers, Texin-Treasures, and Elek-Tek were probably all a bit smaller--and lots of nice things were squirreled away in their stock too!

Edited by Ksarul

I would almost guarantee that this is the Hardware store that all of this stuff is coming out of--and it explains a lot. Especially as it is in the right town--Waterloo, IA. Dhein's was one of the largest TI dealers out there--not as big as Triton, Tenex, Unisource, or Tex-Comp, but there probably wasn't anyone between them size-wise. Joy Electronics, the original Competition Computers, Texin-Treasures, and Elek-Tek were probably all a bit smaller--and lots of nice things were squirreled away in their stock too!

It makes me wonder how long all these goodies will last. Being able to get so much NEW stuff 30 years after TI gave us all the middle finger is like winning cosmic the lottery.

That is awesome, thank you! I did pick up one of the NOS with disks and this will save me having to virtualize the disks for the CF7+. The scans look fine to me, what more do you need?

No sweat! Glad it can save you, and hopefully others, from having to dig it up or convert. I have a PC workstation I built, dedicated to TI floppy conversions of just about any flavor. If therre are other requests for images of something, just let me know. I'm more of a utility type of guy so most of my interest is in preserving the hard to find software tools out there.

I happened to pick up my SSII from Ernie Pergrem when he sold off his personal collection. So, the only reason I'd be interested in scans of the new disks is because mine are (well taken care of thanks to Ernie) of originals but not bright and shiny new anymore. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist but, it's because I want to preserve and document anything possible for the TI. Whatever I run across I want to share with others and the better the quality the better info we have. Pet peeve is crappy document scans (heck crappy scans period). ;-)

-Dano