IGNORED

Homebrew Suggestion

VGC1612

If someone was to develop/program Diner for the CV, I hope that they would revert back to what Diner originally was supposed to be released as... Masters of the Universe 2: The Power of He-Man. Then 20 years from now, everyone will be asking "What happened to MotU 1: TPoH?", just like so many have asked over the years about Pepper 1.

Would have to track down and ask the programmer(s) that developed it for Exidy, unless someone already has done so.

It's been discussed before.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/40979-pepper-ii/page__st__25?do=findComment&comment=1604804

And just to keep people guessing even more, someone should do a Pepper prequel as a CV homebrew, and try to pass it off as a real arcade adaptation. :P

Now stop teasing ! You ARE teasing right?

These are just mockups. :) But they are "functional" mockups, meaning that they could have been done as actual electronic tabletops in terms of graphical design, and they were also designed so that they could actually be done on the ColecoVision, via a combination of tiles and sprites, same as the first group of mockups I posted earlier.

• Like 1

Wasn't Coleco also planning to do Tabletop versions of Omega Race and Berzerk? Wonder what they would have looked like.

Berzerk was in the works, not sure about Omega Race. Actually, PBoland has available some Press Kit style posters of both of these tabletops along with many other tremendous creations dealing with Coleco and CV products.

post-25956-0-03372600-1358806316_thumb.jpg

post-25956-0-67661700-1358806322_thumb.jpg

It's been discussed before.

http://www.atariage....25#entry1604804

And just to keep people guessing even more, someone should do a Pepper prequel as a CV homebrew, and try to pass it off as a real arcade adaptation. :P

I would love to see a Pepper homebrew, possibly SGM compatible. Both my friend and I would each buy a Pepper homebrew game! :)

I would love to see a Pepper homebrew, possibly SGM compatible. Both my friend and I would each buy a Pepper homebrew game! :)

SGM compatible? :?

A prequel should logically be less than the game it draws from, from a technlogical perspective. This is especially true for early arcade games. Pepper II could fit in a 32K CV cartridge, so Pepper should too.

I would imagine Pepper to be a single-screen game, instead of the 4-screen maze game of Pepper II. It could actually be a nice design challenge: How to make a single-screen Amidar clone that's interesting in its own right, and could hold its own against it's well-known sequel.

But that's all my humble opinion, of course. :)

I'd like to see a Colecovision port of Hang On II for the SG-1000. I believe it was also on the MSX.

This was actually attempted about a year or two ago by Eduardo Mello. It was determined that the slight hardware differences between the SG-1000 and ColecoVision made the port of Hang On II impossible. And if Eduardo Mello can't get an SG-1000 port to work properly on the CV, then that's that, it can be officially labeled as impossible to port. :)

SGM compatible? :?

A prequel should logically be less than the game it draws from, from a technlogical perspective. This is especially true for early arcade games. Pepper II could fit in a 32K CV cartridge, so Pepper should too.

I would imagine Pepper to be a single-screen game, instead of the 4-screen maze game of Pepper II. It could actually be a nice design challenge: How to make a single-screen Amidar clone that's interesting in its own right, and could hold its own against it's well-known sequel.

But that's all my humble opinion, of course. :)

Yes,

A single screen Pepper does sound more like a nice prequel game. I guess that I wanted to see a Pepper III sequel type of game, with more mazes, and possibly more character options.

(Pepper II was always one of my favs!)

Thanks.

:)

Berzerk was in the works, not sure about Omega Race. Actually, PBoland has available some Press Kit style posters of both of these tabletops along with many other tremendous creations dealing with Coleco and CV products.

Wow! These would have been awesome and would look great besides my other tabletops. Thanks

This was actually attempted about a year or two ago by Eduardo Mello. It was determined that the slight hardware differences between the SG-1000 and ColecoVision made the port of Hang On II impossible. And if Eduardo Mello can't get an SG-1000 port to work properly on the CV, then that's that, it can be officially labeled as impossible to port. :)

But it does not mean at all that Hang On II can not be done on coleco. Starting from zero it is doable and i'm sure we can do better.

And concerning the pure "portage" ,. Anyway the portage from SG-1000 to Colecovision is always possible , the problem is just the amount of work and rewriting you want put into. The usual Lazy port is may be not possible in the case of Hang on II. May be it require to modify 40% of the code instead of the 2% that this kind of port requires usually.

I'm sure If Eduardo wanted he could, imho he just didn't want invest his time in that project to do something more interresting as the SGM or DKarcade.