IGNORED

FO: Edit 3/19: River Patrol, Quadrun, 100+ CIB and loose games

Simply_Dave

Do you check your PM's and simply ignore the offers you don't accept? The reason I ask is because you bumped this thread yesterday and I sent you an offer on Feb. 22nd with no response.

I'm starting to think this is all some sort of sick joke. But yes, correct, he pretty much won't respond for some damn reason. Weird guy.

Personally I reckon you're losing out with your sales approach. It's one thing to keep the bidders anonymous, - but to refrain from sharing the current highest bid, really leaves people in the dark about where they stand, and as in my case, I stopped bidding because I had no reference point to continue negotiations.

In fact you told me that I wasn't anywhere near the ball park figure of the highest bid, so I didn't bother continuing on. But to find out in retrospect that I was only $60 odd dollars off, made me laugh.

Now I obviously made you some offers, starting at the lower (but respectable) end of the scale, - that in my opinion is standard negotiation, but if you'd told me the highest bid I would have gone one better... the other guy may have then responded, and so on.... and I may still have not won the item, but that is how you get the best results when you are going for top dollar - as you are obviously trying to do here, hence the 6 pages largely of bumps for things you listed 8 weeks ago.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing this because I am bitter about not getting the cartridge, - although yes, I would have loved to add the v-case cartridge to my 200+ v-case collection. Okay - a little bitter, but more so because of your obtuse sales tactics, and because I am sick of seeing this thread pop up every other day in 'My Content' because you bump it, or someone else vents their frustration. It was stupid of me to ever comment in this thread - I should have seen it coming, but please do me a favour, wise up and sell the bloody things and end this thread!#$%

:woozy:

• Like 2

Would it have been fair to put the buyer of that Spider Kong in a bidding war against you? That would be easy to manipulate if one wanted to. I took the high road. He sent me an offer that worked for both of us. I'm not too concerned about squeezing every last penny out of someone, there's plenty of people here who can vouch for me on that.

This sales thread has been a great success with over 60 items sold, many of which I didn't even list. Just friendly people asking if I have this or that. To call it anything but a success is laughable.

Dave

This sales thread has been a great success with over 60 items sold, many of which I didn't even list. Just friendly people asking if I have this or that. To call it anything but a success is laughable.

Dave

Not really, I had the same problem with you with the same kind of response. If you're so trusted, as we've been told, why would you manipulate the bidding? Just be honest about prices so you can give people a reference point, you're already turning 80% of them off with money order and cash only thing. Who uses cash anymore anyway? I got the same responses from you weeks ago when I was genuinely interested in River Patrol. Gave a low ball offer based on condition, which you said wasn't even close to the offer you had, but yet it's still for sale? Just say what you want so people can haggle or tell them what they're up against. Dude up there is probably the millionth person in this thread with the same complaint.

No one likes this thread, start a new one. I promise not to bump it by making fun of you indirectly.

Stan, you are the only reason to keep coming back to this thread. Your responses are funny. :thumbsup: I am guessing Dave won't let this thread die until he sells every single thing he has.
  • Like 1

Stan, you are the only reason to keep coming back to this thread. Your responses are funny. :thumbsup: I am guessing Dave won't let this thread die until he sells every single thing he has.

And he won't sell unless he 1. is more open to offers, 2. ANSWERS PMs, and 3. USES PAYPAL. Who the hell uses cash or money order anymore unless it's a scam? Wait a minute...

And he won't sell unless he 1. is more open to offers, 2. ANSWERS PMs, and 3. USES PAYPAL. Who the hell uses cash or money order anymore unless it's a scam? Wait a minute...

I bought from Dave and paid via MO without a problem. My guess is he hasnt sold the river patrol because he hasnt had a decent offer. I personally woldnt accept less than $200 for it. Maybe he doesnt bother responding to PMs that are not in the ballpark of his expectations, which is totally up to him. If someone offers him $50 for an item he expects to get $200, there's hardly any point haggling with them. Having said that, I agree a seller should respond to all PMs, no matter how poor the offer is.

I bought from Dave and paid via MO without a problem. My guess is he hasnt sold the river patrol because he hasnt had a decent offer. I personally woldnt accept less than $200 for it. Maybe he doesnt bother responding to PMs that are not in the ballpark of his expectations, which is totally up to him. If someone offers him $50 for an item he expects to get $200, there's hardly any point haggling with them. Having said that, I agree a seller should respond to all PMs, no matter how poor the offer is.

No, he doesn't respond to questions, he just sits there. The only answer I got awhile ago, and I'm not interested in it anymore, was "way lower than another offer I got", but yet he didn't even sell it? $200 is probably too high for its condition, maybe $100-120.

Simply_Dave, like many of you AA'ers got in early on GameGavel and have lifetime free seller accounts (no fees for life). Why not use them for situations like this. It obvisouly keeps track of all the bidding and there is a free option to keep the bidding private as well. Seems a lot more simple than this :) You can advertise your auctions here in AA, so you will get the same people bidding and making offers. We also have an offer system free as well that keeps track of the offers and takes care of the back-and-forth communications between the parties.

Carry on :)

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 2

Hi all, just want to state for the record that i bought a large group of games from Simply_Dave and paid by money order. It was over $300 and i got my items as promised. Not saying this method is easy to work with but if you are worried about the money order or not getting your items i can tell you that i was very pleased with my order and it came promptly and packed well. I am in negotiations for a second order already also. I agree its a bit different in terms of how he is selling but i was impressed with the final sale after i got my box. Just my 2 cents.

Simply_Dave, like many of you AA'ers got in early on GameGavel and have lifetime free seller accounts (no fees for life). Why not use them for situations like this. It obvisouly keeps track of all the bidding and there is a free option to keep the bidding private as well. Seems a lot more simple than this :) You can advertise your auctions here in AA, so you will get the same people bidding and making offers.

Yeah, just post links to the GG auctions, then irritate Stan and he will take care of the daily bumps for you. You get exposure and a simplified sale process, Stan gets to :mad: :mad: :mad: and I get entertainment. Win, win, win.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought and received a boxed Xonox game from Dave. I made him an offer and, sure, he took his time in getting back to me, but I'm patient. Once he responded it was a great experience. He is very fair in his prices, just don't lowball him. He has great communication, ships quickly, and packed the game great.

Buy from Dave with confidence.

• Like 2

Well someone's getting campaign bribes.

Ahahahahahhahahahahhaahaha :rolling: No I really am not.......I swear. :P

He just gave me a good deal on a game. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: But yes Stan, it did suck to have to buy a money order.

But that's life!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...