IGNORED

FO: Edit 3/19: River Patrol, Quadrun, 100+ CIB and loose games

Simply_Dave

No in theory I wanted to know how much you werfe looking to get for it. as in post #3 says. If you were to say. "I am looking for at least $200" then you obviously wouldnt have any $80 offers now would you? Dont get into a pissing match with me because you mishandled your sale. All I am say is the reason why I wouldn't send you an offer. Nothing more!

What part of "taking offers" do you not understand?

Almost as much as joining a community for the sole purpose of selling something. :P

Check my join date, bro. And that's my second account here, I lost my password to my first account "way back in the day" and made this one in 2008.

Also, I've been selling everything over at Nintendoage, but I thought it would be nice to post a note here at AA regarding some of my Atari items. I'll be unloading about 700+ Atari games in the next few months.

Check my join date, bro. And that's my second account here, I lost my password to my first account "way back in the day" and made this one in 2008.

Also, I've been selling everything over at Nintendoage, but I thought it would be nice to post a note here at AA regarding some of my Atari items. I'll be unloading about 700+ Atari games in the next few months.

Will you be selling anything else as rare as River Patrol?

• Like 1

1. You got me! I'm the infamous fake "Simply Dave". Well played, sir!

2. On a more serious note, IMO it's completely unprofessional to tell other users about private offers, don't you think?

1. I knew it!

2. I mean, if I'm going to counteroffer I'd like to know what the current offer is. You don't have to tell me whose offer it is, just what it is, or at least give me a damn idea of what you're expecting for it!

• Like 1

What kind of "old timer" says 'bro', like ever? Uh oh, here comes the second account stuff. What was the other one called, Complexly_Dave?

Edited by Stan
  • Like 1

Yes my bad. You created this account 2008 when a game you were selling on Ebay was mentioned. :roll:

:ponder:

Glad I was wrong about you're being here just to sell stuff.

Just another reseller, they seem to gravitate here every single time they have a rare game to sell. Edited by Mxyzptlk
  • Like 1

2. On a more serious note, IMO it's completely unprofessional to tell other users about private offers, don't you think?

I would only be upset if you asked for offers and then were rude about an offer I made. If your answer was simply that you have higher offers, I would be fine with that. Although I think this ought to sell for a fair amount over $100, I wouldn't blame someone for not wanting to offer more than $80 because of its condition.

Since you asked, I only think it would be unprofessional to tell other users the amounts and names of the people who made offers. I don't think it's a big deal to state what the highest offer is unless you're planning on selling the item at some nominal cost above the second highest offer. eBay doesn't give out the current highest offer and theoretically the current offer shouldn't have an impact on the value someone else places on it. It's up to you if you want to disclose the highest offer. I could see that working for or against you depending on the situation.

• Like 2

Just another reseller, they seem to gravitate here every single time they have a rare game to sell.

I don't entirely mind when folks come here for the sole purpose of selling...it just gets to me when it becomes a riddle solving challenge...

• searching for pictures
  • searching for references
  • guessing on what the seller is expecting in the way of a sale price
  • having to pay by check or money order to someone with no reputation on the forums (BTW...it means nothing as to when you signed up. If you don't ever come around, no one can vouch for your reputation as a seller)

I didn't even make an "offer" in this case, as threads like these almost always turn into a big game of "GO FISH"...especially when the make an offer thread is completely kept private. It is a very easy way for a seller to keep driving the price higher with the promise of a "mysterious" better offer from "somebody". Then, if the last REAL bidder hits his/her maximum, the seller can always backpedal by saying that the other "mysterious" high bidder backed out. IMHO, it is just too much of a pain in the butt...not to mention, rather unethical.

Like I said earlier, I am glad people come here to sell their games...it usually beats the heck out of ePay...not when it is handled like this though. I would be more comfortable with eBay than this any day.

• Like 3

I don't entirely mind when folks come here for the sole purpose of selling...it just gets to me when it becomes a riddle solving challenge...

• searching for pictures
  • searching for references
  • guessing on what the seller is expecting in the way of a sale price
  • having to pay by check or money order to someone with no reputation on the forums (BTW...it means nothing as to when you signed up. If you don't ever come around, no one can vouch for your reputation as a seller)

I didn't even make an "offer" in this case, as threads like these almost always turn into a big game of "GO FISH"...especially when the make an offer thread is completely kept private. It is a very easy way for a seller to keep driving the price higher with the promise of a "mysterious" better offer from "somebody". Then, if the last REAL bidder hits his/her maximum, the seller can always backpedal by saying that the other "mysterious" high bidder backed out. IMHO, it is just too much of a pain in the butt...not to mention, rather unethical.

Like I said earlier, I am glad people come here to sell their games...it usually beats the heck out of ePay...not when it is handled like this though. I would be more comfortable with eBay than this any day.

Yep, I agree.

$100 is nonsense for a loose river patrol, even in the state this one is in. Personally, I'd say its worth around $250. $200 on a poor day and $300 on a good day. The fact the seller doesn't respond to PMs or disclose the highest offer may put some buyers off, but its his perogative at the end of the day. I'm not sure why there is so much vitriol directed at this seller? Plenty of others have used his selling techniques in the past and have not fared this badly here.

• Like 2

Well, Dino, it's mainly because we have little to go on here. And for me the issue was he wasn't answering any of my questions. I asked a simple question, to which he could have responded with anything like "the high offer is X" or even "I don't want to reveal the high offer", and I could have given another offer anyway. And again, I didn't offer $80 just so we're clear here, I just told him what a well-known collector here suggested based on its condition, which is pretty cracked and has slight label peeling. All I expected was a simple answer to a PM, but yet he didn't give one. All he's given anyone in way of answers is "I have a higher offer" and then he says nothing else. And only accepting money order or check for someone who's supposed to have all this eBay feedback and experience selling rare games is a little put-offish.

• Like 2

Hey gang, the game is still available and open for offers.

I listed my references on the first page...feel free to contact me or read through my feedback at any of those sites, or you can read through my two selling threads at NintendoAge where several old-timers have vouched for me.

Regarding ebay and paypal, I'll start putting games up on ebay as a last resort, but I've grown to despise what they've become over the last few years. I'm sure I'm not the only one here, and I've noticed a growing trend over at NA where longtime guys are not using Paypal/ebay. As always, feel free to PM me with any questions or offers.

Dave

Hey gang, the game is still available and open for offers.

I listed my references on the first page...feel free to contact me or read through my feedback at any of those sites, or you can read through my two selling threads at NintendoAge where several old-timers have vouched for me.

Regarding ebay and paypal, I'll start putting games up on ebay as a last resort, but I've grown to despise what they've become over the last few years. I'm sure I'm not the only one here, and I've noticed a growing trend over at NA where longtime guys are not using Paypal/ebay. As always, feel free to PM me with any questions or offers.

Dave

Wait, what happened to those...offers? I thought you had "higher" offers? At this point man probably no one here is going to want this.

@Stan I don't have the distaste for this thread that you do. I like to encourage sellers to sell here, not discourage them.

---

I'm happy to see a rare game on sale here. I hope the seller continues to offer stuff here and others do to.

I think it's polite to always respond to PMs as a seller. This is clearly a $200+ game in this condition. If someone offers way less, it's reasonable not to get a PM response. Sometimes sellers don't want to waste their time. I sometimes don't respond to pathetic offers just to avoid getting angry.

I have one of these, although mine has no end label, but if I didn't, I'd be making offers.

Edited by ianoid
  • Like 1

I think it's polite to always respond to PMs as a seller. This is clearly a $200+ game in this condition. If someone offers way less, it's reasonable not to get a PM response. Sometimes sellers don't want to waste their time. I sometimes don't respond to pathetic offers just to avoid getting angry.

Just so I'm clear, I didn't actually offer less. I said someone I trust suggested around $80-90 and asked him what he thinks. He said "I have higher offers". I asked, okay, how high? No response. And now our latest response is its still open for sale so I guess those offers were only a dollar or two higher.

Just so I'm clear, I didn't actually offer less. I said someone I trust suggested around $80-90 and asked him what he thinks. He said "I have higher offers". I asked, okay, how high? No response. And now our latest response is its still open for sale so I guess those offers were only a dollar or two higher.

I'll say it because I don't mind saying controversial stuff, but DUDE BRO YER TROLLING THIS THRED

• Like 1