IGNORED

Interest Check: Tank Command & Kung-Fu Master

KevinMos3

I'll get back into working on this. I still need parts. That's what held it up before. Once that's worked out, I'll post about orders. I may have to do one of those "7800 commons requests". Hopefully not, but whatever it takes. I DO still want to make these available (and at good prices).

• Like 6

I'll get back into working on this. I still need parts. That's what held it up before. Once that's worked out, I'll post about orders. I may have to do one of those "7800 commons requests". Hopefully not, but whatever it takes. I DO still want to make these available (and at good prices).

Repro boxes of the Froggo games were on my to do list quite a while and this weekend I had some time to sink and while doing them, I also made a box for your graphically enhanced version of Tank Command. You can have a look at it here: http://atariage.com/forums/blog/375/entry-10209-tank-command-enhanced-edition-atari-7800/

• Like 2

Repro boxes of the Froggo games were on my to do list quite a while and this weekend I had some time to sink and while doing them, I also made a box for your graphically enhanced version of Tank Command. You can have a look at it here: http://atariage.com/...ion-atari-7800/

Yes to the box as well! Nice job Marc! Would definitely want boxed versions. :)

I'll take kung fu and tank command.

those games are a pain to find i almost won a copy of kung fu but forgot about the damn auction. i havent seen tank command pop up lately anywhere. If they ever come avalible i need to complete my collection even though there reproductions i dont care.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I still want to make this happen, but I'm going to need to go the route of requesting common carts for parts (I was trying to avoid this, but if it's going to happen, I'm going to have to do it this way).

So, I might as well ask first here and I'll also be asking in the marketplace:

Need common carts for parts. If you would like to contribute, I'll pay $1 each plus shipping OR I can discount your game if you'd like a copy. PM me for this and we can work out something according to how many carts you can contribute. I'm trying to keep the cost of parts low because I'm wanting to offer these at a very affordable price.

Yes, I still want to make this happen, but I'm going to need to go the route of requesting common carts for parts (I was trying to avoid this, but if it's going to happen, I'm going to have to do it this way).

So, I might as well ask first here and I'll also be asking in the marketplace:

Need common carts for parts. If you would like to contribute, I'll pay $1 each plus shipping OR I can discount your game if you'd like a copy. PM me for this and we can work out something according to how many carts you can contribute. I'm trying to keep the cost of parts low because I'm wanting to offer these at a very affordable price.

If they work on pal consoles i think i have to have both! Have you thought about asking Albert to help with the production? ;-)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I need some help testing Kung-Fu Master on real hardware with a CRT. I need testers that have stock 7800s with RF output as well as testers with composite and/or s-video modded 7800s. I'd like to know which of these 3 options looks the best on a range of consoles. I currently do not have access to my many 7800s and the two that I DO have display very different results.

If you have a CC2 or some other way of playing these on real hardware, please let me know which looks best in regard to color contrast of the background and characters. To be clear, I do not need ppl to test in emulation -- only on real hardware. Thank you in advance.

Kung-Fu Master (Option1).a78

Kung-Fu Master (Option2).a78

Kung-Fu Master (Option3).a78

However, if ppl want to play it in emulation, you'll need to add these lines to your Prosystem.dat.

[6b8e31de2165a885bffc678829f1fdb5]
title=Kung Fu Master (Option1)
type=0
pokey=false
controller1=1
controller2=1
region=0
flags=2;
[5da4e023244eea08452146f9a3d834b0]
title=Kung Fu Master (Option2)
type=0
pokey=false
controller1=1
controller2=1
region=0
flags=2;
[7999d8a87fd04332d35c1426571bb65d]
title=Kung Fu Master (Option3)
type=0
pokey=false
controller1=1
controller2=1
region=0
flags=2;

Whoops! That was air-headed of me. I should have uploaded bins instead of a78s with headers. Of course, all you need to do is strip off the a78 header to use it with your CC2 but here are the bins I should have uploaded to begin with.

Kung-Fu Master (Option1).bin

Kung-Fu Master (Option2).bin

Kung-Fu Master (Option3).bin

I updated the Tank Command title screen with a new logo. I haven't uploaded any binaries yet. Will probably wait on that until I'm completely satisfied with this.

post-9364-0-09516300-1379305322_thumb.png

And here's the final edit to Kung-Fu Master. It's got several color and sprite changes since the last upload, (including an even taller lvl 3 Giant Boss, new floor/lvl indicators like the arcade, grass under the floor in lvl 1, a new Silvia that looks more like the arcade, and more). I've not uploaded it yet, but I plan to soon.

post-9364-0-99934800-1379305322_thumb.png post-9364-0-84122600-1379305323_thumb.png post-9364-0-70643300-1379305324_thumb.png post-9364-0-51463100-1379305325_thumb.png

Are you thinking of releasing the 2600 commando and double dragon hacks on cart?

I don't plan to -- at least not anytime soon. I'm at the point where I really hate to cannibalize carts. I want to get these two games out and then I probably won't do much more until we get some shells produced. If you really want a cart made of any of my 2600 hacks, you can either get carts made through AA, or you can look up Hozer. I uploaded labels for Double Dragon, but haven't made one yet for Commando. It's on my to-do list though.

• Like 4