IGNORED

800xl

Shinju

There´s no hint where you live, and AA is full of Europeans. ;)

But those PSUs are actually easy to built. Sleeπ (who does them for the ABBUC) buys standard PSUs with the right specifications, cuts the plug and adds the correct plug for the Atari, which is quite easy to get, as it is a DIN standard plug. Shouldn´t be too hard to do in the US.

Hey Moonsweeper, I'm struggling to view the link you posted, is it still active? I love to find a good source for these as have numerous machines pass through my doors with no psu's and it'd be great to pair them up with reliable working ones

The text above the icon refers to the users membership rating, based on number of posts, the user name is in the heading at the top of the post. If you look at your post you will see that you are in the Space Invader category.

As to skr's link to the ABBUC site, once there click on hardware at the upper left then go to the bottom of the page.

This one on Ebay.....

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2309136614121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230913661412&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

....looks like a fairly-reasonably-priced one. There's a "make offer" option. It's also 2.5 amps. It's either hobbist-made, or aftermarket, both, or whatever.

The official Atari ones are all in this picture.....

psxl.jpg

I think they're all 1.5 amp, except for the little one on top of the other that is 1.0. The middle one in the top row is a piece of shit, and should be avoided at all costs. It fails and takes out the machine. I've seen it go bad myself, and I threw out all the working ones I have. It's called "The Ingot" because of its shape......

post-16281-0-05861100-1355739602_thumb.jpg

post-16281-0-87786500-1355739616_thumb.jpg

Unbelievably, they're still sold on Ebay; they should be trashed.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1409020960381?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=140902096038&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Any of the others should work, if you run across them. I'd make an offer on the 2.5 amp, if I needed one. I don't see many others on Ebay right now.

Hey Moonsweeper, I'm struggling to view the link you posted, is it still active? I love to find a good source for these as have numerous machines pass through my doors with no psu's and it'd be great to pair them up with reliable working ones

I found this +5V/2A power supply with a mini-USB plug with a BIN price of only $2.25 with free economy shipping, just replace the USB plug with a DIN-7.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3805255873781?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=380525587378&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• Like 1

Appologies Skr for getting name wrong and thank to BillC for pointing this out. I can only say I've not had much sleep recently and my eyes were starting to go squewy, so again sorry.

The link appears to be working now. Maybe my computer was getting as tired as I was. But anyway thanks for that post, I reckon I'll have to get me one of these

Got my adaptor in yesterday, 800xl fired right up and works 98% (a couple of keys are not registering). Now to find a 5-Pin DIN to S-Video & RCA AV Cable (I tried to buy one from 8-bit but I cannot seem to so). Also looking for one of those SIOtoSD devices.

On the non working keys, just try pressing them repeatedly until they work. Usually about 30 repeated presses wears the oxidation off and then they work fine.

SIO2SD are awesome. I have an SIO2PC which is also pretty good...I have an old laptop that I use to hold the ATR images, and it works fine.

On the non working keys, just try pressing them repeatedly until they work. Usually about 30 repeated presses wears the oxidation off and then they work fine.

SIO2SD are awesome. I have an SIO2PC which is also pretty good...I have an old laptop that I use to hold the ATR images, and it works fine.

Cool I will keep pounding those keys then, I did that for a couple of the other ones and they started working but these others seem to be very stubborn :) I like the system so far it seems to have a better color then the 400.

I need more games, Miner 2049'er is great but I want to see what these 8-bit macines can do graphic/sound wise I want to hear more epic Pokey tunes!