IGNORED

How may copies do you have of....

Shinju

Atlantis, in your quest trying to find the "one" Atlantis II copy. So has it been 100% confirmed that the Atlantis II carts wer the night time scene only?

Here is my stack, I have another 4 or 5 in another box. Just cannot seem to pass up on a copy and think to myself... Could that one been it?

Anyway, I was killing some time so I thought I would share.

Atlantis_stack_zps1f4ee51d.jpg

I just pick these up when I am out an about, I got 5 in one place all night time scene carts, chances of finding one is slim to none but hey, atleast I can say I tried ;)

I figured if an Atari Repro guy needed a ton of iMagic shells for a project I got em!

There are at least two versions of the night scene label. I have only seen pictures of Atlantis II with one of those variations.

To answer the question, I have three copies of Atlantis. There is a day label and one each of the night labels. I plan to convert the day label one to Atlantis II one day. The day label will make it obvious it's a repro while still retaining the classy Imagic look.

Similarly, I own only two copies of Spacechase. I'm not going to spend anywhere from $2 to $5 a pop just to find out I've picked up the common variant AGAIN. That's what a portable VCS is for.

Edited by shadow460

Looks to me that there are variations with your night time scene. I have 2 variations on the list, one with a star in the upper left corner and one with no star. Maybe I'm seeing a bad flash from the camera though. Can you tell any other differences? The one in the bottom middle looks a bit odd with the explosion in the top of the picture.

Phil

There are at least two versions of the night scene label. I have only seen pictures of Atlantis II with one of those variations.

To answer the question, I have three copies of Atlantis. There is a day label and one each of the night labels. I plan to convert the day label one to Atlantis II one day. The day label will make it obvious it's a repro while still retaining the classy Imagic look.

Similarly, I own only two copies of Spacechase. I'm not going to spend anywhere from $2 to $5 a pop just to find out I've picked up the common variant AGAIN. That's what a portable VCS is for.

I got most of these at a buck each, couple of them were .50 and one was free. lol this is like the SMB/DH for the 2600 for me anyway.

Also as far as photo variants go, there is 2 of them that have a bright radiant explosion with the star on the left, the others are not so bright and vibrant no star on the left (maybe these were made with a lesser quality printer?)

Edited by Shinju

Atlantis, in your quest trying to find the "one" Atlantis II copy. So has it been 100% confirmed that the Atlantis II carts wer the night time scene only?

Here is my stack, I have another 4 or 5 in another box. Just cannot seem to pass up on a copy and think to myself... Could that one been it?

Anyway, I was killing some time so I thought I would share.

I hope you find Atlantis 2 .. you deserve it.

I've checked dozens of them over the past 7 years. I don't keep em. I'm always willing to waste a buck on one at a thrift, or used game store. At least you can sell it, trade it, or give it as a freebie with a system. Lotto is just throwing your money away, this isn't. Plus it's an excuse to get a quick game in while "checking" it out.

AX

Edited by the.golden.ax