IGNORED

How big is your 5200 collection?

sqoon

I have 20 5200 cartridges yet I do not own the system itself. I just haven't found a working one that I like.

You mean finding one that just plain works isn't enough? ;)

Local game store has a boxed one for $75 labeled "untested and as is"

Guess what THAT means? :ponder:

Edited by AtariLeaf
  • Like 1

I have a couple 4 - ports and a 2 - port. One 4 - port and the 2 -port have the 8-bit domain video mods installed.

A 2600 adapter (one of the 4 ports modified for this), two trakballs.. two master play interfaces, a joystick coupler...

Two homemade paddles, one from a standard controller the other from a Wico base..Two Wico sticks a Wico keypad, plus Y cables from them..

Many, many stock controllers all rebuilt and working still after 10 + years. :thumbsup:

I have a whole bunch of common carts, my Sean Kelly dipswitch multicart went bad..

I have almost all the homebrews, I think...

Mostly I use the AtariMax Ultimate SD, or the AtariMax 128in1 USB.

I think that is it!

2 4-port consoles, both boxed

1 2-port console, boxed

6 or 7 joysticks

1 5200 Trakball

1 Joystick Coupler

2 Wico joysticks w/ Y-splitters (no keypads)

1 Competition Pro joystick

I have all released titles (loose) except about 15, at last count. I know I'm missing Fractalus, all but 3 of the Activision games, K-Razy Shoot-Out, Meteoroids, Bounty Bob, and some others I'm forgetting. But I do have Koffi, Christmas Cart, and Adventure II (formerly CIB until the wife lost the skeleton key...).

So except for those 15-odd missing games and the Wico keypads, I've got just about everything, I think, unless you start getting into boxes and stuff like the Starcon controller.

I forgot I've also got a VCS Adapter that was NIB when I bought it 8 or 9 years ago. It's not NIB anymore. :-D I think I've only actually used it, like, two or three times though.

I have every game loose, including some of the home brews and protos. I have every released game boxed, some sealed with the exception of bounty bob strikes back and I wont be paying anywhere nearing a grand for one so I suppose that will be my white whale :)

I have one NOS boxed 2 port and my beloved work horse 2 port.

[4] 4 ports in all. 1 NOS boxed from '82, [1] used boxed , [1] * model , and my main 4 port which is my main gaming unit .

2 trak balls, both NOS boxed, one early production,one late.

1 nos boxed vcs adapter.

As for controllers there are too many to count used and NOS. I dont use Wicos as I am left handed. I modify all of my Competition pro sticks for left hand use.

There are 2 things which I really want is the 5200 briefcase for storage and a CLEAN Kiosk !! .. I've passed over a few of each, just not buying to buy.

Not sure if I missed anything other than some goofy factory accessories .

I love the 5200 !!!!

Oh, goodness... my collection fills a small box that once held halogen floodlights. I'd say there are 30 or 40 games in it. I own all the Atari releases that had the blue stripe on them. I've got a few semi rares like Zone Ranger and Miner 2049er. I have maybe ten boxes and about that many manuals. Star Trek and Star Wars: The Arcade Game have their boxes.

I have more controllers than I know what to do with. The only working one is a shadow460 refit done by me with aluminum foil and a rev 9 flex circuit. Two are untested and the rest are busted. I have two 4 port consoles. One has the power mod and the other is going to get a power mod.

The system is OK. There are a handful of games that just have to be payed on the 5200 to feel right. Kangaroo is one of them. Miner 2049er spends so much time in the system that one day I'm sure the cartridge will get stuck. I'll have to melt it out of these when I get Bounty Bob Strikes Back. Gorf, on the other hand, will probably never pollute my 5200 ever again.

I have a very nice condition 2 port, though I fear the colors are really muddy on it. Maybe a cap has gone on it or something. I got it at Goodwill at all places. I think I spent too much on it all things considered, but I haven't regretted it. It came with about 10 games, but I've bought a few more over the years. Not a system I focus on, but one I play from time to time. It has a certain level of charm I think the 2600 lacks.

I have 19 games for it now, only one of which is cib. The rest are loose carts and onlya couple have manuals or insert cards. One of my controllers has a new flex circuit, and aluminum foil dots installed. For whatever reason, I never got around to replacing it in the other one.

Edited by Lendorien
  • Like 1

I've got a beat up 2 port witch I don't use, one dead 4 that beat up too.

The 5200 I use is the my other 4 port that is like new.

One mode 2600 adapter I had a color/b&w switch add so I use play Starpath Phaser Patrol and any other game that needs the use of the switch.

I think I got 15 or 20 game carts, I've just the SD cart form Atari Max so the only game carts I'm getting from here are homebrews.

I have four 5200 consoles.. one 4 port and three 2 ports.. one of the 2 ports is near new in box..

two of my two ports are loaned out to friends right now, and I generally use my 4 port for my play..

last year, my 5200 collection was stolen, but I was able to rebuild it back up to where I only need 4 more games (official releases) to have them all .. I still haven't been able to get another Wico key pad (no Frogger playing for me :( ) or a controller coupler... but I'm close to having what I'd like for my 5200 collection...

I have a Minty 4 port with the * in the serial number, and another 4 port that has some glitches. I started collecting in 1993 when I found a 2 port model at a pawn shop. I have tons of controllers, and loose carts of every original cart except Bounty Bob Strikes Back :(

I do have a lot of homebrews and A8 conversions.

What I've never had is a trackball. :-o

The 5200 is my favorite Atari system.

How do I become part of the 5200 brotherhood?

I have the 4 port system, trackball, Wico with Y cord adapter & 36 unique titles. I'd say the best ones out of the bunch would be the Super Pac-Man repro, Boulderdash II CIB, and Koffi:Yellow Kopter CIB/Signed. I've been alternating systems the past few months, Intellivision last month, Colecovision now, the 5200 is on deck.

Most of my 5200 collection, not including duplicates. I've got a stack (8 to 10) of spare consoles, mostly 4-ports, but not enough working bits to make them all functional. Cart-wise, I'm missing BSBB, all the homebrew & aftermarket releases, some label variants, and many boxes and manuals. The hunt goes on.

post-3842-0-41990700-1360535828_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

And I just scored a free copy of kangaroo 5200. The pitfall was listed incorrectly by mistake and was meant for intellivision. So he said he refunded me and I can pick a free game under 20 and that was it.

Kangaroo is a fun game. Never got the SD cart?

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

• 3 weeks later...

i have approx 182pcs 5200 games-years ago i had conversions made by cpu wiz and steve tucker. . i bought bbsb for $78.00 on e- bay. the only people that are still converting 5200 games are good deal games.i have some lab loaners-tempest-barroom baseball. the hardest game for me to find was m.u.l.e.. found it for sale at atarimax table or was it atari 2600.com at the cge in las vegas 2012. thank atariage for selling game like tempest and astro grover

• 2 weeks later...

I got the 2 port 5200 Supersystem. 4 controllers, and a trak ball controller.The games I have are

1. Berzerk

2. Vanguard

3. Space Invaders

4. Pole Position

5. Mario Bros.

6. Congo Bongo

7. Qix

8. Pac-Man

9. Ms. Pac-Man

10. Pengo

11. Joust

12. Galaxian

13. Centipede

14. Super Breakout

15. Kangaroo

16. Moon Patrol

17. Missle Command

18. Defender

19. Dig Dug

20. Q*bert

21. Jungle Hunt

The only other game I want bad is The Dreadnaught Factor. Awesome game!

• Like 1

How good are the Best Electronic gold controllers? I`m thinking of ordering tomorrow a couple of them..

Thanks!

The best thing about them is that they keep working. Other than that, they're still pretty much 5200 controllers. He's made some improvements over the years to the buttons and such, but it's still a non-centering joystick with mushy buttons awkwardly positioned.

Doesn't keep me from loving them, but YMMV. :)

Lets see, back around 2006 I had everything! Maybe close to it, was missing the box for the carrying case, fire command controller (if it exists) and maybe box for starcon controller. But basically everything else I owned. Two different packages for masterplay, boxed wicos, keypads, the combos wico packages, boxed BBSB, all home brews up to that point.. What a difference a few years make. So we moved 400 miles south here to sunny 39 degree Florida and started new jobs had kids all that jazz, so I was forced to sell off most of the valuables. So now I have a mix of collection stored mostly in the attic and garage.

But let's see,

Boxed 4-port & 2-port

Boxed trak-ball

Boxed VCS adapter

Missing about 15 or so games now from a complete set.

Bunch of original controllers in various states

• 2 weeks later...

I have an early 4 port system and a later "asterisk" 4 port model. Only have 1 switchbox and power supply though. I have three working controllers...well, one isn't quite 100% as the stick is kind of tight and funky. I have a very good condition trak-ball. For games I have 20, 9 CIB and 4 duplicates. Also have a box for one of the 5200s and the trak-ball in OK shape. I do have mostly common games, though I do have Gyruss, Wizard of Wor and my rarest would be Mr. Do's Castle. All 3 of which would be some of my favorite games of all time.

• Like 1