IGNORED

Dig Dug, shrinkwrap, Radio Shack & Turbo Zone Direct

y-bot

I was going to reply to the post in Ozma Wrs thread but instead decided to make a new topic. I got my Dig Dug mail order from Radio Shack in 1998 or so and it was shrinkwrapped. Still is actually, I just cut the plastic on the top. "NEW" sticker is on the box under the shrinkwrap. Not sure where those Radio Shack games came from but someone shrinkwrapped this one. Got lots of other INTV games from Radio Shack but I don't remember them being shrinkwrapped. One box came from Turbo Zone Direct but I have never seen any other info about them selling Intellivision games. Anyone else get some of those rare games from Radio Shack?

th_IMG_1436.jpg

th_IMG_1435.jpg

th_IMG_1434.jpg

th_IMG_1433.jpg

th_IMG_1432.jpg

th_IMG_1431.jpg

th_IMG_1430.jpg

It looks like there was wear to the box under the shrinkwrap, a scuff on the front near the top and on a crease along one side. I didn't know when I opened it that the cartridge was supposed to come out from the bottom of the box. The inside part of the box is torn in a way that the cart was loose anyway. I ordered a bunch of games from Radio Shack including Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling. They were out of Spiker by the time I tried to order it. The boxes always come from Texas except once it came from Turbo Zone Direct. They had a website selling TurboGrafx games but never Intellivision. I emailed them with no response in the early 2000s.

th_IMG_1436.jpg

th_IMG_1435.jpg

th_IMG_1434.jpg

th_IMG_1433.jpg

th_IMG_1432.jpg

th_IMG_1431.jpg

th_IMG_1430.jpg

It looks like there was wear to the box under the shrinkwrap, a scuff on the front near the top and on a crease along one side. I didn't know when I opened it that the cartridge was supposed to come out from the bottom of the box. The inside part of the box is torn in a way that the cart was loose anyway. I ordered a bunch of games from Radio Shack including Body Slam Super Pro Wrestling. They were out of Spiker by the time I tried to order it. The boxes always come from Texas except once it came from Turbo Zone Direct. They had a website selling TurboGrafx games but never Intellivision. I emailed them with no response in the early 2000s.

turbo zone was the coolest website. they sold tg-16 and pc-engine stuff dirt cheap. bought lots of stuff from them.

Oh right, I think I knew that. Weird that one box came from TZD.

No, Telegames provided the 'vintage' stuff (2600/INTV/Colecovision, etc.). TZD provided the TG-16/Duo stuff.

I had a friend during that time that worked at RS. Can't remember if Telegames simply drop shipped product straight to the customer or if it went to the main RS distribution center first, which would have still been in TX IIRC. *If* product from Telegames went to the RS distro first, I can see stuff getting shrinked there, probably per some policy or depending on who packed things. I can see someone picking product, seeing the 'new' sticker on the box, getting confused and thinking it should be shrinked to really convey that sense of new. Who knows.

Besides seams in strange places (ie: the sides of boxes), you can sometimes tell when something has been shrinked or re-shrinked by the weight and feel of the plastic. Seems to me, the heavier/stiffer stuff is typically 3rd party. NOT true of those early SMS and Genny games though! They almost always had that heavier, more crinkly type of wrap around them.

No, Telegames provided the 'vintage' stuff (2600/INTV/Colecovision, etc.). TZD provided the TG-16/Duo stuff.

I had a friend during that time that worked at RS. Can't remember if Telegames simply drop shipped product straight to the customer or if it went to the main RS distribution center first, which would have still been in TX IIRC. *If* product from Telegames went to the RS distro first, I can see stuff getting shrinked there, probably per some policy or depending on who packed things. I can see someone picking product, seeing the 'new' sticker on the box, getting confused and thinking it should be shrinked to really convey that sense of new. Who knows.

Besides seams in strange places (ie: the sides of boxes), you can sometimes tell when something has been shrinked or re-shrinked by the weight and feel of the plastic. Seems to me, the heavier/stiffer stuff is typically 3rd party. NOT true of those early SMS and Genny games though! They almost always had that heavier, more crinkly type of wrap around them.

I only ever ordered Intellivision games and out of maybe 10 orders all but one came from Texas. can't remember if it said it came from Tele-Games or not. One box definitely shipped to me from TZD. I may have even saved the label or box.

Yah I'd take that shrink-wrap off for sure. I believe it was Keith that said none of the Intellivision Inc games were ever shrinkwrapped.

I was just going through my collection yesterday & came across a Burgertime that was shrinkwrapped as well. Even the directions & overlays were as well. Any thoughts on this?

post-2353-0-26927800-1359301642_thumb.jpg

Yah I'd take that shrink-wrap off for sure. I believe it was Keith that said none of the Intellivision Inc games were ever shrinkwrapped.

I have to correct myself as I said Intellivision Inc instead of INTV Corp. INTV Corp games were not shrinkwrapped, Intellivision Inc games were. Dig Dug was an INTV Corp game. :)