IGNORED

FS: Pioneer Laseractive Sega Genesis PAC-S10 module - *SOLD*

eightbit

Well, I ended up buying a Laseractive unit awhile back (CLD-A100) and of course the seller packaged it like garbage and it arrived smashed. At the same time, I ordered a PAC-S10 from someone after MUCH searching. The player is in the process of ebay return, and the PAC-S10 unit is sitting at home with no way of testing it at all. The seller that sold it to me said he did not use it in 3-4 years. It looks very clean, almost new. However, it goes untested unfortunately. Man does that aggitate me. Anyway, looking to get back when I put in. $90 shipped (OR BEST OFFER) takes it. Anyone looking for one of these? PM if you want it.

BTW: This is just the PAC-S10 module, not the joypad. I did not get one with it.

*****THIS HAS BEEN SOLD*****

Edited by eightbit

How bad was the damage to the LaserActive and who was the seller? If we're just talking about having a metal case that's dented in or misshapen, I'd love to get hold of it and get it repaired.

I'd put money on that Sega module still working. Mine is built like a tank inside. Even the CLD-A100 appears to be pretty solidly built.

Hey, I wonder if this is the same LaserActive that's being spoken of in the "wanted" forum? Perhaps the seller tried to repair it himself when he got it back and bungled the fix?

Edited by shadow460

• 1 year later...

Wow, so you got screwed by a seller who doesn't know how to pack vintage electronics, too? I wonder if it was the same guy that bungled mine. I bought a LaserActive off eBay in December, and the seller did the same thing -- packed it with next to nothing in the way of padding or protection. (Worse, this guy was selling off an entire collection, consisting of the player and about 40-odd movies in addition to the game stuff... so what did he do? Divided things between two boxes, each weighing 35-40lbs, then taped the two completely different-sized boxes together and tried to ship them as a single piece. :mad: So, naturally, the two boxes came apart in shipping, and by the time they found the other box and sent it to me, eBay's 30-day buyer protection thing had expired.)

Does anyone know how to fix these? Everything powers up, I get a loading screen when the Sega module is plugged in, etc... the Sega module even plays cartridges. The only thing the unit won't do is actually spin discs; it acts like it's loading something, then just spits the disc back out.