IGNORED

Amazing Snake

oldgame

Not at all rare so if you are looking to sell, I'll make you a decent offer! :evil:

But seriously, there weren't a lot of these carts made and I can only recall seeing one show up on eBay a year or two ago. So to come across one with manual and the plastic clamshell with insert sheet isn't very likely especially since most people that bought these years ago are very serious ColecoVision collectors who are unlikely to part with it.

As far as a rough estimate of the value, I would say an auction would be the only way to know for sure, but I generally place a true value on things by looking at the 3rd highest bidder... especially in cases of rarer items when bidding tends to get out of hand.

Edited by NIAD

I will tell you I paid $150 for mine but then again I knew it wouldn't be easy to find. It is a freely available rom though so really only a collector would pay a lot to have the real thing.

Errr... the ROM version inside the cartridge might not be the same version as the one you found in the Internet. Let me explain...

I've worked with Serge-Eric Tremblay during the entire game development. From time to time, he gave me a ROM file to test. I remember that near the end of the project, I've published a ROM file in my good old Coleco web site on Geocities but Serge-Eric continued the project and sent the up-to-date version to John Dondzila, not me. John Dondzila then started to publish cartridges of Amazing Snake in 2001 and stopped around 2005 to concentrate on his own games. So, to answer the question "how many Amazing Snake cartridges exist?" you have to ask John Dondzila who might not remember now.

Edited by newcoleco

Errr... the ROM version inside the cartridge might not be the same version as the one you found in the Internet. Let me explain...

I've worked with Serge-Eric Tremblay during the entire game development. From time to time, he gave me a ROM file to test. I remember that near the end of the project, I've published a ROM file in my good old Coleco web site on Geocities but Serge-Eric continued the project and sent the up-to-date version to John Dondzila, not me. John Dondzila then started to publish cartridges of Amazing Snake in 2001 and stopped around 2005 to concentrate on his own games. So, to answer the question "how many Amazing Snake cartridges exist?" you have to ask John Dondzila who might not remember now.

Hmmm... Thanks for the info, Daniel. I happen to own a copy of Amazing Snake, with original box, but the cart no longer works. I was thinking of getting a new PCB done (which means making a replacement label for the cart), and if I decide to go ahead with that, then I should look up John Dondzila for the release version of the ROM.

I think I'll contact John right now about it. If he doesn't have the ROM anymore (which would be a little surprising) then perhaps I can look up Serge-Eric Tremblay.

NICE!!! Now a feeding frenzy will begin for the amazing snake. Glad I already have it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Finally heard back from John Dondzila, and he says he no longer has the ROM for Amazing Sssnake.. So unless newcoleco can locate the "release version" of the ROM in his own archives, that ROM can be considered lost until someone else who owns a copy of the real cartridge agrees to dump it.

Finally heard back from John Dondzila, and he says he no longer has the ROM for Amazing Sssnake.. So unless newcoleco can locate the "release version" of the ROM in his own archives, that ROM can be considered lost until someone else who owns a copy of the real cartridge agrees to dump it.

Well I do know a guy who can take dumps. :o

Well I do know a guy who can take dumps. :o

You're welcome to come over anytime you feel the urge and I'd be more than happy to make a dump of the FINAL version of the game so that PixelBoy can properly fix his cart. It would be nice to have the rom image available in case anyone else has the same issue.

BTW, you might want to consider coming over sooner rather than later as I have some new stuff to show you... give me a call when you get a chance.