IGNORED

JAGUAR Quake

Moves Like Jaguar

Jaguar Quake

Like the saturn version, this runs off of a new engine. This engine is called JQE or Jaguar Quake Engine. Once the engine is done, then we need to get the rights from ID/ZeniMax to use the quake name. The music is going in Jag Synth instead of RedBook (To save space on the CD) Any people with jag coding experance is wanted.

Well, we need more information for it to be taken seriously. For instance, is this engine currently in development and enough along so that potential contributers can see you are serious. Is JQE a name you just came up with, and no actual code exists yet? Does code for the Jag synth and actual tracks programmed or is this just an idea at the moment too? Why do you think Jag Synth needs to be used instead of RedBook audio? The Jaguar CD can hold upto 790MB, uncompressed, so I really think if it's going to be on CD, there is plenty of room for Quake with Redbook audio. If it was a cartridge game, then Jag synth makes sense. What have you done so far regarding the entire project? Is it something in the works or just an idea you've recently come up with and your looking to just recruit others to do your bidding? Like certain unnamed "contests."

Becuase I've also got plenty of ideas for games if anyone wants to join me and code what I ask, for me, and I can concentrate on doing at least part of the art and level/game design. And if anyone is willing, I am serious too.

Edited by Gunstar

Well, we need more information for it to be taken seriously. For instance, is this engine currently in development and enough along so that potential contributers can see you are serious. Is JQE a name you just came up with, and no actual code exists yet? Does code for the Jag synth and actual tracks programmed or is this just an idea at the moment too? Why do you think Jag Synth needs to be used instead of RedBook audio? The Jaguar CD can hold upto 790MB, uncompressed, so I really think if it's going to be on CD, there is plenty of room for Quake with Redbook audio. If it was a cartridge game, then Jag synth makes sense. What have you done so far regarding the entire project? Is it something in the works or just an idea you've recently come up with and your looking to just recruit others to do your bidding? Like certain unnamed "contests."

Becuase I've also got plenty of ideas for games if anyone wants to join me and code what I ask, for me, and I can concentrate on doing at least part of the art and level/game design. And if anyone is willing, I am serious too.

I got the idea, and, if redbook uses less then half of the cd i will use redbook

Moves,

Not trying to bash here as I would love to see some form of Quake on the Jag. There are a # of technical limitations the Jag would have over the Saturn so I was curious if you could address the plan you have for bringing this to the Jag?

I think Quake is very doable on the Jag, just not like the PC/Saturn/PSX versions obviously. My thoughts are you'd have to make all the levels out of flat/gourad shaded polygons and then as the engine improves keep adding textures here and there. It would obviously not ever look quite like the other ports that have access to tons of vram but it would be Quake.

Edited by JagChris