IGNORED

Playstation 4

Mendon

Why wouldn't they be happy with fake names when facebook is already happy with fake names and they're going to get "real names" from facebook?

The real name thing is an "opt in" type thing anyway. The only people who will ever see your "real name" are your friends on facebook who already know you unless you decide to opt in and let everyone see it.

Luckily Sony has a trend of removing features over adding them, so at least that's hope that this "opt-in" stays opt-in and doesn't become opt-out later on with a TOS change that will ban you from signing in to PSN if you refuse. Cause that kinda thing never happens.

That being said, I've yet to see a single reason why I should get a PS4, or the next Xbox, or the Wii U, etc. Looks like I'll be free of the console cycle once and for all once this generation ends! :D

• Like 2

Sony can't force people to use Facebook. The only way that could happen is if there is a giant corporate merger, which would wreck Facebooks corporate model of integrating with everybody. It won't affect me anyway as I have already pledged my support and loyalty to Wii-U and possibly Ouya as well.

Facebook does serve one very useful purpose in cyberspace: Like a vacuum cleaner, it sucks in all of the "bottom-feeders." Trolling in Internet forums is at an all-time low because there exists this wonderful place where people can troll and post retarded sh!t all day long and get away with it. You guessed it, Facebook. And I can guarantee future employers of these "trolls" will be loading their profiles and doing a lot of face-palming...

• Like 2

Facebook does serve one very useful purpose in cyberspace: Like a vacuum cleaner, it sucks in all of the "bottom-feeders." Trolling in Internet forums is at an all-time low because there exists this wonderful place where people can troll and post retarded sh!t all day long and get away with it.

HA HA! That had never occurred to me. You just brightened my entire opinon and outlook of Facebook! GO FACEBOOK!!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now a PS Plus subscriber, and really enjoying it. I just got another (sold the first after the bad launch) Vita with a 32 gb card and two games for 220 used (looks brand new, 2 weeks old). I want to go all digital this time as I hate carrying around game cards.

I think I'll go all digital with the PS4 as well. I've found that I like having my games on the hdd so I can access them immediately and easily switch between games when I get bored. PS Plus certainly helped with this decision.

I'm honestly very excited about the PS4. I was horribly disappointed with the Wii U, and it seems Sony has really listened to the complaints I (and most people) had with the PS3.

And I think the share feature will actually be a lot of fun, at least for posting game play vids, which I can't typically do as I don't own video capture hardware/software. I like that it's all integrated.

• Like 1

Now a PS Plus subscriber, and really enjoying it. I just got another (sold the first after the bad launch) Vita with a 32 gb card and two games for 220 used (looks brand new, 2 weeks old). I want to go all digital this time as I hate carrying around game cards.

I think I'll go all digital with the PS4 as well. I've found that I like having my games on the hdd so I can access them immediately and easily switch between games when I get bored. PS Plus certainly helped with this decision.

I'm honestly very excited about the PS4. I was horribly disappointed with the Wii U, and it seems Sony has really listened to the complaints I (and most people) had with the PS3.

And I think the share feature will actually be a lot of fun, at least for posting game play vids, which I can't typically do as I don't own video capture hardware/software. I like that it's all integrated.

I agree, Plus is great. I have so many Vita games and I have no Vita. If I ever do get one I may not have to buy too many Vita games since I "own" so many through the subscription and also cross buy. One definite way of keeping me a subscriber.

I have a 32GB card on my PSP and have a bunch of downloads on that device, you should check out the PSP deals as well because the Vita can play PSP games too.

I usually play my PSP on the big screen with the component cable. Having most of my games on a card is convenient without swapping discs all the time.

I agree, Plus is great. I have so many Vita games and I have no Vita. If I ever do get one I may not have to buy too many Vita games since I "own" so many through the subscription and also cross buy. One definite way of keeping me a subscriber.

I have a 32GB card on my PSP and have a bunch of downloads on that device, you should check out the PSP deals as well because the Vita can play PSP games too.

I usually play my PSP on the big screen with the component cable. Having most of my games on a card is convenient without swapping discs all the time.

I wasn't aware the Vita could play PSP files. I might download a few free ones today then. Loving the Vita so far, so many great games out there now to choose from. :)

I'm not aware of any free PSP games (outside of demos), whether free for PS+ or just in general. For the PSV's first birthday a couple of months ago, though, for one week, SCEA let everyone (i.e., not just PS+ subscribers) permanently add Patapon, Patchwork Heroes, Piyotama, and the PS1 RPG Wild ARMs to their Download Lists for free. It couldn't be done from the PS3's PS Store, but you could get the games from either a PSV or the Media Go PC application (support program for the PSP and certain Sony portable media devices). I don't know whether they were downloadable from the PSP's PS Store. At any rate, that's the most recent incidence of free PSP games I can think of on the PS Store. If I remember correctly, Mega Man X Maverick Hunter was free for PS+ at around the same time, as well.

For any AtariAger with a PSV, I absolutely recommend Super Icon's PlayStation Mobile platformer Life of Pixel. It's $2 for 9 worlds, 8 levels long each, based on retro gaming systems, ranging from the ZX81 (there's a strong British bent to the machine selection, given the developer's location) to the Sega Master System, whose world is unlocked by collecting all the gems from the previous 8 worlds. The SMS world was added in an update to the game in February, which also included music specific to each game system. I usually don't go for platformers, but this one was a lot of fun even for me.

onmode-ky

I'm done with physical media for the most part. I don't have the room. If I had infinite space I would be all for physical copies but at this point it's not possible with me.

My beef with Sony and quite possibly Microsoft is not being able to play CURRENT digital downloads on the new consoles. Thats bad. Very bad.

That being said, there's never been a reason to expect them to let you do that either....

Also in the news, Sony patents a new designer virus with a range of side effects that can only be relieved by logging into PSN twice a day.

"While they're in there, some of them are bound to play a game or two" said Sony's Kazuo Hirai when questioned about the move.

The virus was designed as a replacement for 'CircleX' which is a hallucinogenic drug found in the plastic of certain pre-production PS4 discs. It tested poorly in a few family-oriented focus groups, but was widely applauded for its ability to instantly remove used games from circulation while simultaneously spurring on new game sales.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't aware the Vita could play PSP files. I might download a few free ones today then. Loving the Vita so far, so many great games out there now to choose from. :)

...PSN has a bunch of PSP games on sale this week. Metal Gear, GOW etc. Check it out...because it's kind of rare they put em' on sale.