IGNORED

Opcode website updates

opcode

Glad to see Arkanoid is still on your to-do list. :)

I'm guessing the Moon Patrol screenshot is a mockup?

Updating the front page should be next, since the pre-order period for the Super Game Module is now long passed. Unless you want to start another pre-order period for the next run of SGMs later this year? ;)

• Like 1

I thought you were also going to do Galaga,

or am i mistaken?

Eventually, yes. The problem with Galaga is that it is one of those games that really exposes some of the ColecoVision graphic weaknesses. And it bothers me when a game on the CV cannot look better than it would on the 7800. That has refrained me from porting it, but once Dig-Dug is done, it is only logical to port the remaining Namco games using the same hardware, including Galaga. The game can surely play very close to the arcade version, better than the Famicom/NES port, just don't expect the same colorful graphics.

So is a Coleco with the SGM just as powerful as an Atari 7800?

Pacmanplus did some amazing ports on the Atari 7800, like Moon Cresta and Scramble.

I dont want to go too much off-topic and hijack your thread, but what about Phoenix,

it's one of the games which was never ported decently.

Edited by san-d-2000

Unfortunately if Opcode is as true to the colecovision history as his amazing rendition of the SGM then maybe Phoenix is vaporware. ;)

Indeed... :)

Oh great, historians from the 23rd century are going to be even more confused:

- Vaporware titles appear in early Coleco brochures

- Homebrewers do their renditions of these vaporware titles roughly 25 years later

- Homebrewers announce their own set of vaporware titles

:lol:

• Like 1

Oh great, historians from the 23rd century are going to be even more confused:

- Vaporware titles appear in early Coleco brochures

- Homebrewers do their renditions of these vaporware titles roughly 25 years later

- Homebrewers announce their own set of vaporware titles

:lol:

Assuming I am still around in my 60s, I should be able to release most if not all of the games above and a few more. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm just curious about Moon Patrol. There is a prototype rom called Matt Patrol that Daniel B. hacked to say Moon Patrol. It seems to play pretty well so I'm wondering how the Moon Patrol being planed works in here. Just wondering.

Oh, it's quite simple: Eduardo believes he can do better than AtariSoft with this game. He wants to do a version of Moon Patrol that's much closer to the arcade version, as you can see in the screenshot of the game on the Opcode web site. :)

I'm just curious about Moon Patrol. There is a prototype rom called Matt Patrol that Daniel B. hacked to say Moon Patrol. It seems to play pretty well so I'm wondering how the Moon Patrol being planed works in here. Just wondering.

Wow, I can't wait to see that. Matt Patrol is fun already, I'm sure that Eduardo Mello will bring an even better version to the ColecoVision.