IGNORED

D2K Arcade Competition - Pic Submission Thread

So the contest has began! And right now (02/03/13) I am in first place with 59,800 points :).

But, unfortunately, I am the only player who sent his score :(.

I believe this is happining because this contest isn't held here and you must give a link to your pic which must be hosted online... Well, I hope I'm not dealing with +30 snipers...

To facilitate participation, I'm creating this thread and I hope you submit your pictures here and then put a link to this thread in Rev's site.

You can submit your score here: http://intellivisionrevolution.com/d2k-arcade-competition-entry

• Like 2

As I said I already have a score of 59,800 in the leaderboard.

Let's use this thread to host some pics... :-D

post-32348-0-72583500-1359893698_thumb.jpg

WOW... Suddenly I have a better score.

It's 66,900!

I right click the image and copy its link:

http://www.atariage....ttach_id=276766

Now I'm going to Rev's site to submit my new entry and give the link above.

I hope someone joins me in this thread...

• Like 1

Holy smokes... I need to wake up before I play... but wow that's a GREAT score Liduario!!

Well... Bruno + Elevators = a bad day :thumbsdown: I lost 5 lives there... it was like I was a dinosaur and it was the la brea tar pits :P

I'll be getting some more playing time later... and by the looks of it I need it !!! :D

post-31949-0-31591100-1359899710_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice score Liduardio!

No prob using this thread to post your scores, just make sure to submit your HIGHEST SCORE before the end of the month.

No need to submit a lower score if you plan to keep playing the game and getting a higher score!

Hmm...

Ok, I'm going to climb higher and higher. :)

At the end of February we may have a great day of surprises and fun.

See you up there! :thumbsup:

I've been loosely practicing for the last 2 weeks and I can't seem to break ~17,000

This may have to do with the fact that I can't beat the Triple Elevators level :?

Dont feel too bad! That is better than me.

I just want to know what photo-editing program liduario is using!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA

Dont feel too bad! That is better than me.

I just want to know what photo-editing program liduario is using!!!! AHAHAHAHAHA

By the way, is there a way to use save states in jzintv emulator or in another?Just asking...

Oh, almost forgot. I like to use Gimp for my photo editing.

Of course, I don't cheat but putting Tux in one of my thin ice pics was fun! And yes, I kept the original pic just in case.

I'd say if you can break 50,000 on D2K, you're a damn good player.

Not to discourage anyone, but my son (eight-years old at the time) broke 80,000 on D2K. I actually have a video of him getting at least in the 70,000 range in reaching the Eliminator. It's an MKV format. If it would be helpful, I'd like to post it somewhere, if someone is willing to host it (or at least convert it to something that can be uploaded to YouTube).

I'd also like to hear from those who have taken the time to become good players… Is it enjoyable? I actually have not heard much feedback as the game seems to be too difficult for most people.

I actually have not heard much feedback as the game seems to be too difficult for most people.

there was a 3ds Mario kart commercial in the u.s. and 2 american guys are getting there butts kicked on line and wanted to know who the two guys were that were beating them. then it shows 2 Japanese girls wondering who the 2 girls they were beating were. meaning you Japanese are crazy insane gamers. i believe even the arcade donkey kong and donkey kong jr high scores are held currently by japanese guys.

Not to discourage anyone, but my son (eight-years old at the time) broke 80,000 on D2K. I actually have a video of him getting at least in the 70,000 range in reaching the Eliminator. It's an MKV format. If it would be helpful, I'd like to post it somewhere, if someone is willing to host it (or at least convert it to something that can be uploaded to YouTube).

I'd also like to hear from those who have taken the time to become good players… Is it enjoyable? I actually have not heard much feedback as the game seems to be too difficult for most people.

While I have not achieved a score like some of the others, I have only broken 40,000 a couple of times as the difficulty is high but that is why I love the game!! It just keeps sucking me back in! :grin:

One of the fun things is at the end of a game I am always thinking ahead to the next one by strategizing which player would best help me get past where I am stuck, I can't remember too many other Intellivision games that have the depth to allow this...

My .02 cents ;-)

OT71

There are free video converters you can download. "Any Video Converter" and Freemake Video Converter" are both good.

I use them on my videos.

Oh it looks like people are not recommending the newest version of "Any Video Converter", looks like they made some changes for the worst. It's the one i use the most so i better not update mine ever again. They say only download from versions 3.5 and back. I'm using version 3.3.5

But here is a link to the older versions.

http://www.oldapps.com/any_video_converter.php

And here is the other one.

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/

My first attempt. Ya i suck at Donkey Kong lol

post-25251-0-70154700-1360196353_thumb.jpg

You're not the only one ...my high score so far is only 500 points ahead of you. The Refinery and Triple Elevators have been giving me the most problem so far.

post-31049-0-75619800-1360352305_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fushek

You're not the only one ...my high score so far is only 500 points ahead of you. The Refinery and Triple Elevators have been giving me the most problem so far.

post-31049-0-75619800-1360352305_thumb.jpg

The level i had the most trouble with was the very first level. lol

I'm not even sure the name of the first board. I'm thinking the Refinery is where i died. Don't think i made it to Triple Elevators. I don't even bother with the hammers because 9 times out of 10 i end up screwing up and dying right after i use it. So i just concentrate on completing the board and nothing else.

I still need to try again.

The level i had the most trouble with was the very first level. lol

I'm not even sure the name of the first board. I'm thinking the Refinery is where i died. Don't think i made it to Triple Elevators. I don't even bother with the hammers because 9 times out of 10 i end up screwing up and dying right after i use it. So i just concentrate on completing the board and nothing else.

I still need to try again.

Don't feel bad if you're having problems with the first screen. It is very nearly the hardest of any of the levels (except perhaps, triple elevators or eliminator). I felt it had to be the first screen, since it's a "barrels" stage and fits well with expectations (with just a little "twist"). It also made sense for the intro…

I probably should have made it a little easier. It's difficult, but not insurmountable. You really do have to come up with new strategies here. When I get the video up, checkout my son's techniques. I think they will be helpful.

Carl

• Like 1