IGNORED

Favorite 2600 game?

Major Magnavox

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I'd bump this.

The reason being, I have had this thread open in a browser tab for a few days now. When I've had a moment, I've stopped by, looked over ppls opinions, and often entered said preferred game titles into the wondrous, all knowing video portal known as YouTube.

It's been educational, specifically, for someone like myself who has NO real knowledge concerning the 2600 outside of owning one with a handful of Atari titles between the age of 4 - 9ish.

The biggest correlation I made was Space Invader clones (sorry if you dislike that term, I'm not a 'clone' term fan myself) and, most interestingly, Activision releases!

It was an interesting exercise and much more rewarding than the usual, self-indulgent "what are the best games on 2600 guys?" threads.

Next stops are: Top 100 2600 games of all time & 10 Worst 2600 games.

As a side note, I'm surprised one of my favourites as a child didn't come up here: Dark Chambers! I adored that game growing up, and often played through from Chambers A - Z in one sitting ;)

My favorite is Berzerk :)

As others said, just too many games to pick from but I really love playing Berzerk with my receiver and TV cranked. I just love the sounds, especially that killer low end when the robots shoot at you.

Perfect game for a quick play too.. Such a great game all around that I can never get enough of.

I was definitely an Adventure kid back in the day. I will shamelessly admit that Another Adventure is the game I wanted the originally Adventure to be, so I'm going to plug my own game in spite of how self-serving that sounds (it's out of print, so I'm not plugging for sales).

Other than that, I am still a Superman fan and I also really love Jammed and Blip Football.

• 1 month later...

Kaboom! was easily my favorite 2600 game by the end of my 2600-playing days. I liked other games more in the early years, but set them all aside over time and stuck with Kaboom! to the end. The speed and sounds were mesmerizing, and the adrenaline rush of completing a fast level by the seat of your pants with a single bucket was something I never got from any other 2600 game.

bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang BOOM!

Edited by bkrownd
  • Like 2

Yars' and Warlords, hands down. Like someone else mentioned, we played the heck out of Spider-Man back in the day so I gotta give that an honourable mention. It was the first time I remember actually feeling like more than a blob. The web action was pretty impressive for its time. Needless to say, Bionic Commando was one of my top NES games as well.

• Like 2

Yars' and Warlords, hands down. Like someone else mentioned, we played the heck out of Spider-Man back in the day so I gotta give that an honourable mention. It was the first time I remember actually feeling like more than a blob. The web action was pretty impressive for its time. Needless to say, Bionic Commando was one of my top NES games as well.

Me reading your post:

"Yep . . . Mmmhmm . . . Yes to that . . . ya, yes, absolutely"

Although Yars' isn't really in my top 20, it is a great game.

• 1 month later...

You should play HERO and Fantastic Voyage more :)

What version of River Raid was that? It looks different on my Atari. Does the PAL version have different level design?

There are several versions out there, that could be the reason, check the 2600 list on here, I think there are 4 different cart's some by different company's.

Edited by 9ElevenGamer