IGNORED

5200 Tempest Now Available!

Albert

@ CRTGamer, thanks for the advice! It was listed as both NOS, and Untested. Not sure which is the more accurate, but that's ebay for ya. I have no idea why I even checked there at that moment, I haven't been on there in a couple of years. Managed to spot the auction 4 hours from it's end. I promised my wife I wouldn't spend too much on it, so at least it went low for me. I was planning on giving it the once-over when it gets here, though.

@ Albert, Thanks for the tip. I'll be looking forward to both of those games. Oh, while I think of it, the invoice page said PAL, when I chose NTSC(I think this was only on Scramble). Can you please make sure I get the NTSC cart on that? I tried to change it, but it kept showing PAL. Thanks!

I'm working on an overlay for this game and wanted to get clarification on the keypad controls and the manual is a bit vague on it.

Just a couple of keys are used, displayed on the startup screen. Anyone know of any hidden key that gives unlimited continues or other cheats?

@ Lumberjack42 - Can you post the inlay JPG in a large size when you create it? I'm interested, shiny transparent uncorded postal tape on both sides will protect it. This would keep the inlay printout thin so it can flex in pressing the individual buttons.

# - One or Two player

0 - Demo

* - Skill level (Easy, Regular and Hard)

Tempest_-_1983_-_Atari.jpg

Edited by CRTGAMER

Just got this today and spent about an hour playing it. Strangely enough playing it with a good PC joystick is just about as good as playing with the trakball.

This is curious. is the PC stick a huge improvement over the 5200 stick? Not the buttons but the stick itself in controlling the shooter?

I tried Tempest with a 5200 Wico stick and found the Trakball so much better for an instant movement response as well as controlled track by track movement. I really like the way the trakball can quickly jump around the tube and also stop on a dime exact where i want it that an analog stick cannot do.

Edited by CRTGAMER

Just a couple of keys are used, displayed on the startup screen. Anyone know of any hidden key that gives unlimited continues or other cheats?

@ Lumberjack42 - Can you post the inlay JPG in a large size when you create it? I'm interested, shiny transparent uncorded postal tape on both sides will protect it. This would keep the inlay printout thin so it can flex in pressing the individual buttons.

# - One or Two player

The game is only one player.

Allan

# - One or Two player

0 - Demo

* - Skill level (Easy, Regular and Hard)

Tempest_-_1983_-_Atari.jpg

Once I can confirm the keypad controls I'll post the jpg.

Got my boxed copy yesterday.... and discovered that the TV I have the 5200 hooked up to...... is missing the remote! No huge deal, really..... I'm working on getting another TV for the system, and I need to take apart my trackball controller and give it a good cleaning. I have a copy, so I'm happy, even if I can't play it yet. I'm looking forward to it, believe that! Thanks for the speedy shipping, Al!

Wow the boxes were printed 3 years ago?! I like everything about it, but feel like the manual in the history of the game section, got cut short... I realize most of the history is ancient, however, it skips ahead at the end, and seemed to just skip time line wise. I read it and put it back in the box, so I don't have it handy right now, but I felt there could haver been a whole nother page, or least a couple more paragraphs on the development from 2006-present. Also the dates are crazy, there's a 1986 date on the Atari startup screen, then 2012 on the AA screen, then I recon that's a 1984 date on the mcmlxxxiv copyright date thing.. Then the cart label is dated 1983. And I believe the box and manual state 1984 again! I know there are a lot of pieces to put together and appreciate that this was released, but would have liked to see more consistency across the board there. Just my two cents! I love it though! This is the first time I've had the Atari hooked to the 55" 3D HD TV! Took awhile too, had to program it to pick up the channel going old school wi RF through coax cable adapter thingy. Then none of my controllers worked not even my trak ball controller, eventually chalked up to bad 4052 I'm guessing on this, could be a short somewhere, but had to swap out Ataris to get a working one. Now it's golden!