IGNORED

Okay... I live for yet another day

Curt Vendel

Hi guys,

Surgery went great last week, been taking it super easy and recovering, still have to relax for a few weeks and take things slow. I have two devices now attached to my mitral valve that have completely closed off the severe leaks that was causing my PA pressure to skyrocket and putting me into congestive heart failure.

Starting to feel better and stronger and going to start this week to perhaps see if I can map some drives to my development computer and setup remote desktop so I can remote into my office and try to do some work on the XM board, I know Mark has been itching for me to finish up a bunch of things and add some corrections and updates to the schematics too, so lets see how things go, it would be great to have the XM's shipping at the end of March, going to see how I can handle getting back into things...

Seeing my cardiologist on Tuesday for followup and to review over the surgery in detail, not totally out of the woods yet, these devices need 6 months to permanently seat and I also have a few other issues which hopefully will be better managed now with the major leaky valve fixed, but I'm on the right track.

Just want to thank everyone for all the positive messages and well wishes, it put a smile on my face and I really appreciate everyone's support...

Curt

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 33

Get well soon! Please, don't do full steam into working on the XM. Wait for another week or so. If your condition worsens or if you die, the XM will never get shipped. Please take care. :)

I don't think I would be quite so blunt but I do agree with the sentiment. Please just let everything "go" and relax so your body can heal with as little stress as possible. There will be time for everything else once you're well. We all love this retro-games hobby but I don't think anyone would put it ahead of your health and well-being.

Edited by almightytodd
  • Like 4

Thanks for the update, Curt! Very happy to read of your recovery so far; do not push yourself, and pace accordingly.

Glad that you're starting to feel better, but PLEASE...One day at a time.

XM makes a great Easter gift, but certainly can wait to celebrate the 4th of July with it, or even something additional to be thankful for come Thanksgiving.

Perhaps an even merrier Christmas would be just fine as well.

Your health comes first.

• Like 1