IGNORED

Making Custom Cartridges?

Cybearg

As my first 2600 game is entering the testing phase, I'm hoping to have a number of cartridges made. I know that there's the option to have a custom cartridge made just like that and, while very tempting, I would like a number of cartridges made and it is sadly outside of my price range.

So I was hoping to do so myself, as much as possible. Is there any explanation of what all is involved? From what I have heard, one would want plenty of existing games with little value which can be stripped down so their cartridges and boards may be used. It's all about needing a new EPROM, which are cheap to buy but must be burned with a pricey EPROM burner.

So, my questions:

1. Is there any resource to explain how to make a custom cartridge oneself? If so, where?

2. How much can be salvaged from existing games?

3. What kind of EPROMs are required and where can they be purchased?

4. Is there anyone who already has an EPROM burner who would be willing to burn EPROMs for me on a pay-per-EPROM basis (with me paying for the EPROM, any shipping, as well as for the good individual's trouble)? Bulk orders in mind, here.

5. Is there anything else I should know about all this so I don't waste a lot of time and money on a wild goose chase?

I'd very much appreciate any information folks can offer. Thanks!

I have a couple old soldering irons and maybe even some solder, back when I was (for a very short time) into electronics as a hobby. I still should have the equipment for 'em, though, and I am fairly confident that I can solder joints and desolder old ones. I may even have some braid left.

• Like 1

al can prob doa batch of carts for you if you planning to sell them like I did for my two games.

it was costly though, this why I decided that it would be easier for me to send the rom to a person and they can either play on harmony cart or

purchase a cutom cart from Atari age (as long they use the same graphics I used for the labels) I'm not aggisnt people using it on emulators though I always think its best to

play on actual system.

• Like 1

• 6 years later...