IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 6 Round 3 Astrochase

zylon

I'm not sure, looking at the pictures/screenshots the "Hi" always seems to be a bit less than the "Score".

I gave dk the higher of the 2 scores. I used the one he specified 1st. In replaying this game, the HI doesn't update until the next game is started, so just use whichever one is the highest. :)

• Like 1

I always liked this classic computer game.

I first played it in the early 1980's on the C64 but didn't have the instructions and gave up on it fast despite those awesome space graphics.

When I got into the Atari computers years ago I bought a couple of boxed copies for the Atari systems and found out about the invincibility and power-up features (and the directional shooting function) and can play a decent game now.

post-4618-0-67111400-1361384702_thumb.jpg

post-2092-0-67904200-1361137071_thumb.jpg

Very, very important info from the manual if you're looking for a high score:

"There is an endless supply of energy available from the 4 Energy Generators located just within the four corners of the Force Field. To reenergize, simply fly through one of the generators. Each horizontal pass through it gives you 12 additional units of energy. Each vertical pass through a generator gives you 24 additional units of energy."

And...

"When you survive a Chase, the energy remaining in your saucer is converted into points and added to your score."

Goodness.... very nice score and good info. :)

Congrats to sdamon on his first win of the season and setting the record for Astrochase. :thumbsup: We've also moved into +3 scoring for this round. Way to go guys! :cool:

Final scores:

214,872 sdamon +14

200,910 peedenmark7 +13

73,780 skosh +12

61,295 atariron82 +11

34,240 darthkur +10

28,004 NIKON +9

25,921 SonicR +8

23,980 roadrunner +7

17,243 jblenkle +6

16,229 Gamer_X +5

13,596 JacobZu7zu7 +4

11,183 chuckwalla +3

10,659 RangerG +2

170 zylon +1

Season standings also updated. :)

Edited by zylon

Were it not for chase 6 in this game, thus losing the 22k I had in energy....Well, almost only counts on horse shoes and hand grenades :(

I cant wait to play this one again !!

Congrats to the champ !

Thanks! Super close finish there! I really like this game, but it's odd that the high scoring takes place early in the game. It's ALL about hoarding that energy early then holding onto it as long as possible. I suspect it could be a long time before this one comes up again (not everyone is a fan, I know!),but when it does, I'm sure the rematch will be a blast!

Thanks! Super close finish there! I really like this game, but it's odd that the high scoring takes place early in the game. It's ALL about hoarding that energy early then holding onto it as long as possible. I suspect it could be a long time before this one comes up again (not everyone is a fan, I know!),but when it does, I'm sure the rematch will be a blast!

I played it week one trying to figure out why I couldn't get more points... The manual leaves much to be desired. Week 2 I had it figured out, and was trying different flying strategies so as not to get killed with mega energy, but was stuck score wise. The CX52 makes for pretty herky-jerky screen movement and an aftermarket controller can make diagonal shooting difficult.

It wasn't until late last night that I had all the bugs worked out, but the game was taking me almost 45 mins to play and I simply ran out of time. Fun round nonetheless, I look forward to meeting again :)

Another game that I never paid much mind to prior to this round that is now a favorite !!