IGNORED

Musicians, Artists, or Harmony Owners? Please Help!

Cybearg

I have a homebrew game called Heartbreak that is nearing completion, but I still need help with a few things:

1. I'd like to have some title music, though space is getting a bit short, so we're talking between 250 and 300 bytes to work with. If anyone is musically talented enough to make something nice out of the bleeps and bloops of the Atari 2600, I'd very much like to discuss a theme.

2. I'd like the game to have a decent-looking label, though unfortunately my drawing skills are nil. I have a basic idea for what the label could look like, though I require the talents and advice of a proper artist to help make it look great.

3. I'd like the game to play correctly on a joystick, gamepad, and paddle, but I don't own a Harmony cartridge, so it would be great if someone who DOES own a Harmony cartridge and some of the mentioned peripherals was willing to help me with the beta testing on a real 2600.

Is anyone available to help me out?

I'm not sure if no one has seen this or if it's just bugged. A day later, 0 views? That's hard to believe, so maybe there's just some bug here.

Still needing help, particularly from anyone who has been blessed with being able to afford a Harmony cartridge!

EDIT: 107 views, there we go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

>space is getting a bit short, so we're talking between 250 and 300 bytes to work with

If you already have say the Slocum player in there, then you can point your patterns into random places in the code. Just play around until you start getting sequences that sounds interesting. You'd be surprised what you can get away with as long as you get a nice base-y pattern going..

Hehe, that's cute. Thanks for the offer! I'm kind of hoping for something not quite so literal (Super Breakout's label doesn't look particularly akin to the game itself), but it'll all depend on how much folks are willing to help. Anyway, I still really need more testers.

Will this do instead? The Heart Break is more implied, I think.

post-13304-0-00936100-1363812738_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your interest!

Unfortunately, at this point, there isn't any longer room for any music in Heartbreak, since all the space has been used up adding AtariVox/SaveKey support. In fact, the game has been released as a download http://atariage.com/forums/topic/210515-new-2600-homebrews-heartbreak-fix-it-felix-sr-joy-ride/]here[/url].

• 4 weeks later...