IGNORED

Cmart's complete ECS hardware and software collection

cmart604

Time for another Cmart mini-collection. This time we'll look at all the ECS games, including all variations, as well as all the hardware. Let's start with an overview of everything. (Except the bloody ECS Synths, which I forgot about and had to include later).

post-25458-0-09225600-1361350445_thumb.jpg

This includes all the variations of the 6 games, 13 in total, plus the two new Intelligentvision games just for fun (and completeness :P ). There are also two versions of the ECS Computer Module, the more common white version (the North American release), and the less common brown version (for PAL land). There are also white and brown versions of the ECS Music Synth, but strangely they both come in the box with the white Synth on the front.

For reasons I'm not clear on, I now seem to be able to only post one picture per post, so I'm going to take up the next nine posts to fill in the details. :roll:

And now for the usual disclaimer....if anyone finds something ECS related that I don't have, you know what to do. :cool: I'll make it worth your while. (In trade Rev, and by that I mean games.) :lolblue:

• Like 9

Now for a bit of a weird one in Mindstrike. There are three Mattel versions and one Intellivision Inc version. The Intellivision Inc is the standard fare, and there's a Mattel gatefold, but then two versions of the Mattel flip top, with differences of origin verbiage on the back (see next post)

post-25458-0-45370100-1361351436_thumb.jpg

Edited by cmart604
  • Like 1

Here's the backs of the two Mattel flip top versions of Mindstrike, one with "Made in Singapore", the other with "Made in Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong, or USA". (Yep, this is where variation collecting can take you.) :skull: :-D

post-25458-0-66604800-1361351730_thumb.jpg

Edited by cmart604
  • Like 1

Which brings us to, let's face it, the one you all really wanted to see the most...World Series Major League Baseball from Mattel in a flip top box, and the greatest Intellivision variation in my opinion, Intellivision Inc's freakishly rare Super Series Big League Baseball. Nothing like having the official title licencing deal with MLB expire on a late release game that required a fairly rare and expensive peripheral and then reissuing it with a new title. Sweet. :-o :cool:

post-25458-0-70499800-1361352231_thumb.jpg

So that brings us to the end of this mini collection thread....any questions? :)

Edited by cmart604
  • Like 2

Chris,

I was really hopeful you were going to post a picture showing you using the synthesizer :-o

Games you can see all the time

C-mart in action=priceless!!

Lol! Thanks for the great idea Jerry! .... On second thought.....nah, I don't think the forums are ready for me rocking out on my ECS Synth. :)

• Like 1

Nice collection! I've got two ECS Computer Adaptors in my collection (one NIB and one that I restored and am still using for day-to-day game play), along with a Music Synthesizer and a handful of ECS games. But with the exception of Mind Strike and Mr. Basic, all of mine are loose.

I only wish that Mattel had created more games for the ECS, and that they weren't so obscure; Mind Strike in particular deserved to be enjoyed by a lot more people. The Hanna-Barbara titles are probably the next ones on my shopping list.

Now you need to head to your underground sellers and find a copy of Super Series. :)

trust me I have been searching the blackmarket for it and I have a nice bounty for it. But I have no luck. Only two have been spotted in the past and I think one went to you. the other went somewhere else so that other person is on my watch list in case he decides he wants to sell the game. But in my search for the Super siries I have found some other rareities. I will see if I can post a pict of it mon. But yeah there is lots of good stuff int he ebay black market, its just pricey.