IGNORED

TO THE CHAT ROOM :-)

Willsy

Let's do it.

My limited experience with 2 or 3 members are very nice, but more than that (4 and more members), and I really can’t keep up (primary language is not even English, so). Easily spending too much energy “keeping up”, and loosing “depth”. Sometimes it looks like a competition of putting in one-liners !?

Haven’t done much Skype, but having a face (video) there is adding a dimension. Is it possible to be more than 2 members there ? Do you write or speak there ? - Also, instead of chitchatting, a theme/topic, and sticking with it, might be a way to go.

Just some thoughts anyway ...

:)

I'm in the chat room - I thought since 9 of us are online... :-)

Yep. Sometimes there's been, like months of inactivity, then suddenly 15 members seem to be on-line in our sub-forum. Again, "on-line" may be subject to ... whatever

How about this. I phone someone. I hear "the phone" ringing 6 times before getting some "machine". At the other end, the person says, I only heard it twice, and then you f*cking hang up !? What I'm saying is, they're letting us on, we are made to believe that the phone is ringing at the other end, but we haven't even made our way through. Conspiracy theories, I know ...

Next thing, official government agents will tell me, that what I’m hearing is not the phone ringing (at the other end), but merely a busy signal after receiving my instructions (me dialing the number). Also, this is big business, or actually they’ll pay me $10,000 to keep it to myself. As always, the truth is debatable. It’s a matter of how you look at it, or what you want from it. Embrace changes.

;)

Edited by sometimes99er

Yep. Sometimes there's been, like months of inactivity, then suddenly 15 members seem to be on-line in our sub-forum. Again, "on-line" may be subject to ... whatever

How about this. I phone someone. I hear "the phone" ringing 6 times before getting some "machine". At the other end, the person says, I only heard it twice, and then you f*cking hang up !? What I'm saying is, they're letting us on, we are made to believe that the phone is ringing at the other end, but we haven't even made our way through. Conspiracy theories, I know ...

Next thing, official government agents will tell me, that what I’m hearing is not the phone ringing (at the other end), but merely a busy signal after receiving my instructions (me dialing the number). Also, this is big business, or actually they’ll pay me $10,000 to keep it to myself. As always, the truth is debatable. It’s a matter of how you look at it, or what you want from it. Embrace changes.

;)

Clearly it's very late (or very early), but either way you're not making much sense here :D

• Like 1

Clearly it's very late (or very early), but either way you're not making much sense here :D

It's not late or early, but sure, it's just me rambling. I'll try and keep a lid on it. Maybe it'll make sense to someone else.

What I'm trying to say is, "9 user(s) are browsing this forum" may actually be more like "9 user(s) have been browsing this forum for the last 20 minutes". Not that it makes much of a difference to anything.

We could think of a weekly TI chat meeting here? I would be interested to discuss things TI related in a chat form.

How about Tuesday 4 PM [Chicago Time]. It would be 10PM for Great Britain and 11PM for Middle Europe.

Klaus

Good-shot-pilot!

Game on! :thumbsup:

Let's do it.

My limited experience with 2 or 3 members are very nice, but more than that (4 and more members), and I really can’t keep up (primary language is not even English, so). Easily spending too much energy “keeping up”, and loosing “depth”. Sometimes it looks like a competition of putting in one-liners !?

Haven’t done much Skype, but having a face (video) there is adding a dimension. Is it possible to be more than 2 members there ? Do you write or speak there ? - Also, instead of chitchatting, a theme/topic, and sticking with it, might be a way to go.

Just some thoughts anyway ...

Skype could also be used for those so inclined. Also Google+ lets people have multiple face-to-face meetings online via video...!

It's not late or early, but sure, it's just me rambling. I'll try and keep a lid on it. Maybe it'll make sense to someone else.

What I'm trying to say is, "9 user(s) are browsing this forum" may actually be more like "9 user(s) have been browsing this forum for the last 20 minutes". Not that it makes much of a difference to anything.

That's exactly what it means. It just depends on how long the sessions take to expire on the server. It's server stuff! Default for Microsoft ASP server was 20 minutes. So, if you accessed a page, and then closed it and went to bed the server would still hold your session open for another 20 minutes, making it look like you're online, but you're not...

• Like 1

11 PM is a little bit late for me.

And excuse me Willsy, wouldn't that make it 3 AM for you ?

How about Sundays, 10 AM Chicago (USA, Illinois), 21 PM Tashkent (Uzbekistan) and then 17 PM Central Europe ?

Well I live on the west coast and do not get up till noon as I am retired with not much to do.

Rich