IGNORED

New homebrew called "Rocketeer"

GroovyBee

Huh, Id like to gouge Emma Stone. How is she gonna gouge you? :P

Well ... me gouging Emma would be preferred ... but we're talking Emma freakin' Stone. All options are on the table :-o.

I'd love to include Emma Stone along with Fushek's cart but I his cart price would have to go up a bit.

I so totally didn't know that was even an option. Hit me with a price (even if only by the hour!) :-D.

• Like 1

How did this thread go from awesome game announcement to cheap emma stone strap on jokes in just 3 pages?

Welcome to hell! Otherwise know as the AA intv forum.....

That would be my fault :evil:.

At least it keeps the thread near the top ... just think of Emma Stone as a free bump. :love:

I don't get everybody's infatuation with Emma Stone. She's alright and all, but now Jessica Alba. She's something. :-D

https://www.google.c...iw=1024&bih=623

Emma ... it's the "girl next door" thing.

Jessica Alba ... meh ... I've had better :ponder:.

Oh, and by the way everyone, buy GroovyBee's new game Rocketeer!

Edited by Fushek

Oh, and by the way, buy GroovyBee's new game Rocketeer!

I will really have to think it over. Money is something i rarely have so i have to make judgmental decisions and do a lot of research. There are already 2 homebrews that might come out this year plus a set of Overlays being made that i would like to possibly purchase. And the Wii that i have money set aside for. I wish i had more money but i don't.

But i have been known to make impulse purchases so anything is possible. :-D

I will really have to think it over. Money is something i rarely have so i have to make judgmental decisions and do a lot of research. There are already 2 homebrews that might come out this year plus a set of Overlays being made that i would like to possibly purchase. And the Wii that i have money set aside for. I wish i had more money but i don't.

But i have been known to make impulse purchases so anything is possible. :-D

(open mouth, insert foot) ... Sorry Dude, I wasn't referencing you ... that was my effort to turn the thread back to it's original purpose!

Meanwhile... back on topic ;). The latest changes are :-

- The baddie respawn time is now instant after its death animation sequence has completed. That way there are always 5 baddies on the go.

- Modified the baddie entry position to be random on each side of the screen after a respawn occurs. This behaviour might change depending on the yet to introduced baddie flight/attack patterns.

- Fixed a bug where writes to GRAM occurred out of the STIC access time window in VBLANK while setting the game up from the title screen. I hadn't picked up on that before because I haven't used all the GRAM cards yet so there were no visual clues during normal game play.

- Optimised the laser shot code to use a single routine to handle both left and right shots. The new code also means that laser shots don't alter their Y coordinate when they wrap at the left or right edges of the screen.

I've been play testing to assess the balance of the game and it definitely needs a laser overheat or some such play mechanic. Its all too easy to pick a spot and camp out there to blow the baddies away. I'll look at adding that after the teaser ROM is ready.

The sprites all use sub pixel positioning and the final version will need to detect PAL/NTSC and adjust itself accordingly. After playing in jzintv it just feels too slow on a real PAL machine. I doubt this change will be in the teaser ROM release either.

• Like 2